All-Star Is Varsity Serious?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Can someone post the image ? lol
video-message2.jpg

USASF was at one time non-profit and my guess is legal ignored them but, someone said they recently changed their status. They will start with the biggest targets and work their way down but, "fair use" isn't going to protect the way the music is used for Varsity, gyms or music mixers. Voice overs and snip-its don't make it okay for use and school districts are even receiving warning letters. I don't know how large the "Royalty-Free" music library is but, we will probably find out what their top ten list is in the next couple of years.

At what point where they non profit? Saying non profit does not automatically give non profit status, except in some cases religious institutions. This has been said for years but no official documentation has shown them to be 501 (c) 3 which is what they claim they were. This was one of the contentions of the grow cheer request a few years ago that they reorganize as 501 (c) 3. If they were 501 (c) 3 the filing is public and it is available for public viewing.

UCA HS Nationals
NCA HS Nationals
UCA All-Star Nationals
NCA All-Star Nationals
UCA College Nationals
NCA College Nationals
Summit
Worlds

And other that I'm probably missing.
So come worlds I'll basically be listening to a crappy feed with no sound... Lovely...
Granted I doubt varsity makes the majority of their money from online feeds. But they might as well offer it for free at this point.

Feeds have sound, archived videos don't. Fret not.
i wonder why cheerlive, which im slowly noticing a lot more isnt going through this same problem, or are they just choosing to ignore it. Cause i obviously didnt see any of the CA showcase until a day later, and their vids still have music....

i wonder why cheerlive, which im slowly noticing a lot more isnt going through this same problem, or are they just choosing to ignore it. Cause i obviously didnt see any of the CA showcase until a day later, and their vids still have music....
Maybe Varsity is SUPER paranoid about running into legal issues and losing money.

BECAUSE they aren't charging .. it was a free video.

But the videos on varsity's website, like the ones from NCA and UCA, are free too.
has the varsity live feed always been free? heck was the CA cheerlive one free? i hardly ever watch these things live. I think the CEA showcase was the first one i ever watched live.

has the varsity live feed always been free? heck was the CA cheerlive one free? i hardly ever watch these things live. I think the CEA showcase was the first one i ever watched live.

Has varsity ever had a live feed? I was talking about the performance videos they upload after the competitions. You know, the ones where they always cut out the partner stunts aka my favorite part of the routine [emoji35]

Back