Is your highschool cheer coed

• Yes

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Yes but no guys

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
It can be coed but not jave anyboys on it so boys would be allowed to tryout and if they made it it could be coed

It can be coed but not jave anyboys on it so boys would be allowed to tryout and if they made it it could be coed
But until there are actually boys on it the team is still all girl. It is just that your school would go coed if any boys were good enough to make the team.

You can't call your team coed unless there is actually both genders on the team.

**Always post responsibly**

At the British schools Championships this year there is only one coed team! Our team once had some boys but they got bullied out of the sport which is a big shame.

It can't.

I wonder how a transgendered kid would be classified?

**Always post responsibly**
Once at a camp we had an athlete who I think was transgender. Day 1 was in a tshirt and boys athletic shorts, kind of long hair. Did all the motions of cheers and dances with the girls and the other 2 guys. Day 2 came in with a tank top and long shorts, but hair in a braid, no bow. Day 3 got a little more blurry in regards to outfit and look but he still went to the boy classes at camp that day. Kid never made it an issue, just did what was expected of themselves and was happy to be at camp with their team.

We were coed all but one year! A lot of the teams in our conference were coed with at least 1 boy. We had 1 boy, a senior my freshman year. He was not trans I don't believe, but he did wear cheer shorts, had long hair (has been cut since then), and did the dances. Then my junior year we had two boys, one was one of those boys that liked to flip off of things. We had his twin brother too, but he decided to play football. He had some of the better tumbling, and despite it not being something people would expect from him, many of the boys thought it was cool that someone could just come in. He did dances as well, and was a good sport in it. The other was a good friend of mine who decided to cheer to get involved in a sport and was great at it.

Consistently we've had 2 boys on the team. We've had relationship issues with all but one. One boy dated a girl on our team, and two other boys on the team dated each other. But we love having them on our team, makes it unique.

Why do you feel that way?

At times the boys can have a bit of a "I'm special and rare so everything should be handed to me" attitude. They fund raise less (if at all), constantly talk during practice, never have anything nice or encouraging to say, and often come with DRAMA .... I'm not saying all male cheerleaders are this way but the few I've had to work with have been. I have however must some wonderful male coaches who were cheerleaders... maybe its just a generational thing, maybe its just boys in my area... who knows... Its hard though when you really don't want to discourage boys from cheering (and often seeing other boys on a team will attract even more boys) when you need the strength.

Latest posts

Back