Is your highschool cheer coed

• Yes

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Yes but no guys

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
Most college squads are coed but a lot of colleges are increasingly been adding all-girl teams (both the blue and white squads from the University of Kentucky are large coed).

Lol that defeats the purpose of the team being 'All Girl' though

Yes it is tough!! I just think it is difficult to to hit a coed score sheet with one boy. If local competitions did not allow us to compete in ag divisions we would be only team in our division at most competitions. I just think there are other exceptions to rules that give teams bigger advantages- example being 7th and 8th graders in "high school" divisions.

Yes it is tough!! I just think it is difficult to to hit a coed score sheet with one boy. If local competitions did not allow us to compete in ag divisions we would be only team in our division at most competitions. I just think there are other exceptions to rules that give teams bigger advantages- example being 7th and 8th graders in "high school" divisions.

Who allows middle schoolers on high school teams??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UCA nationals allows 7-12th grade on junior varsity and 8-12th grade on varsity teams. The middle school needs to be under the supervision of the same school board.

Seriously? I had no idea. That makes no sense.

Ya I had to sit my 1 boy out from comp. so we wouldn't enter coed. In the end its working out okay... less practice for him and less headache for me. Our school won't even allow incoming 8th graders who have already made the team to start practicing with us until 1 week after our school lets out for the year (even though they made the team before spring break).

Ya I had to sit my 1 boy out from comp. so we wouldn't enter coed. In the end its working out okay... less practice for him and less headache for me. Our school won't even allow incoming 8th graders who have already made the team to start practicing with us until 1 week after our school lets out for the year (even though they made the team before spring break).
My cp's tryouts were in April and we haven't had a practice yet. We will not have had one full team practice going into camp.

My cp's tryouts were in April and we haven't had a practice yet. We will not have had one full team practice going into camp.

How does that happen? [emoji15] Our practices in high school were 100% mandatory, even if you were sick (if you were deemed too sick, you were sent home from practice). Vacations were supposed to be scheduled after regionals (some time in July) because if you were even late to practice you didn't compete.

How does that happen? [emoji15] Our practices in high school were 100% mandatory, even if you were sick (if you were deemed too sick, you were sent home from practice). Vacations were supposed to be scheduled after regionals (some time in July) because if you were even late to practice you didn't compete.

The coaches didn't call any practices before the end of the school year. No practices were scheduled in June. Four practices are scheduled in July before camp. One or two of the girls had vacations scheduled prior to tryouts even being held.

No idea how many girls will be at these practices. 16 girls, 7 freshmen, one senior who has never cheered. Should be interesting.

The coaches didn't call any practices before the end of the school year. No practices were scheduled in June. Four practices are scheduled in July before camp. One or two of the girls had vacations scheduled prior to tryouts even being held.

No idea how many girls will be at these practices. 16 girls, 7 freshmen, one senior who has never cheered. Should be interesting.

Oh wow, that will be interesting. Hopefully their practices will be really productive, I feel like that would be stressful to not have many before camp. When were tryouts?

Oh wow, that will be interesting. Hopefully their practices will be really productive, I feel like that would be stressful to not have many before camp. When were tryouts?

My cp is stressed that they won't be ready when football starts. They weren't last year and she was really embarrassed about it.

Tryouts were in late April, they had trouble finding a coach. Then, she didn't want to do it alone. She found someone to help.

Pray those practices and camp are productive!

Back