All-Star Iso Last Year's Schedule From Spirit Festival In Hartford Ct...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We r not going this year because of unfairness in the past multiple years. We may have now that another EP is running it AND open teams can get FP. Oh well maybe next year?

It's been Varsity for the last 3 years or so. I think the first year it was in Hartford as opposed to Mohegan was the last year it was run by CT Spirit. I don't know what Robin/Spirits involvement has been since it was bought, but this is the first year I'm seeing their teams competing there.

I do think they communication went downhill when it was taken over by Varsity though. I don't have much of an opinion on the rest.

It's been Varsity for the last 3 years or so. I think the first year it was in Hartford as opposed to Mohegan was the last year it was run by CT Spirit. I don't know what Robin/Spirits involvement has been since it was bought, but this is the first year I'm seeing their teams competing there.

I do think they communication went downhill when it was taken over by Varsity though. I don't have much of an opinion on the rest.

Solely a Varsity-run event now without involvement from those of us who've run things in the past. That involvement decreased significantly over the past three years, as you've guessed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Solely a Varsity-run event now without involvement from those of us who've run things in the past. That involvement decreased significantly over the past three years, as you've guessed.

Thanks for clarifying! Good luck this weekend!

Thanks for clarifying! Good luck this weekend!
Have chosen not to be there. It'll be the first Spirit Fest I've missed in over 15 years, since the days it was held in a high school gymnasium. Wish them, and all the competitors, the best of luck for a good event.

I spent a few hours at this competition today. It seemed to be run so much better than in years past, and I don't know if something was worked out with the convention center staff, but they got rid of the mall cops and you could actually walk in the lobby area without getting screamed at! There was still a list of rules but it was nothing like the last couple of years. I only watched one full division but I thought the placements were right on. Based on what I saw today I wouldn't mind going back! Good luck to everyone tomorrow!!

Only our level 5 team is attending. I definitely appreciate that they're making open teams eligible (even level 6! Many will allow IO5 to get paid but not 6) but it seems odd that they would guarantee one, especially with the calibre of teams at this comp.

You're right though, they could change it. I wish event producers would publish their bid declaration in the summer.
they
Their bid declaration says they're guaranteeing a paid bid to an open team.

Two thoughts on that

1). It's dumb, based on the number of open teams that usually attend. Open teams have never even been eligible in the past and now they're guaranteeing one?

2) We've almost always gotten the at large bid they've guaranteed to an open team and we're not going this year because we already have an AL bid and didn't think we were eligible. So I'm bitter.
Total bummer...I haven't seen all the scores but I think Lady Sharks would have gotten that 3rd bid if the bids were done they way they have been in the past. If they had known about the declaration earlier pretty sure they would have gone elsewhere to try and get paid!

Last edited:
they

Total bummer...I haven't seen all the scores but I think Lady Sharks would have gotten that 3rd bid if the bids were done they way they have been in the past. If they had known about the declaration earlier pretty sure they would have gone elsewhere to try and get paid!
I for one am glad that the bids were given exactly as it was stated they would be. I can understand frustration when score in one division are higher than another and the lower scores get the FP bid, but I side eye comps when bids are given at EP discretion without rhyme or reason (or public explanation) to their selection.

Back