All-Star "jack Of All Trades, Master Of None" Athlete?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I enjoyed being talented in all areas but not really a "master" of anything. If anything, I would guess and say I was most talented in stunting because I could to any position on the ground and make the stunt hit. I think it depends on the cheerleader.

Ditto times a thousand.
I think a "jack of all trades" athlete is very common, especially for the kids who do other sports. I was a good cheerleader, but I spent every off day doing something else that I didnt spend the time mastering my tumbling. I had to work on my top spin in tennis, or my arm strength to throw the softball from third to first with ease.
I think these athletes are amazing to watch because you know no matter where they are, theyre putting everything theyve got into that position.

I would like to throw out Toni Ann Yuli - amazing flyer (was point on stars until '08?... and lazers this year) Standing full, running double. great jumps. outstanding dancer. and great work ethic.

Maddie Gardner is also a jack of all trades.
She bases, backspots, flies, and frontspots.
She also has great dances, jumps, and presence.

I think she is also a jack of all trades.

Morgan Hudgens.........jack of all trades
Kendall Weavil
Ashley Hobbs

I'm sure there's many more. LOL

I wish I was an all around girl. Actually, I consider myself to be one, but people just don't put me in those spots because they don't trust me I guess. I can fly, back, front if you need help, and do all the other elements in cheer pretty well. I love backing but no one trust me because they think they'll crush me if they fall haha. This year I "mastered" flying more than anything though.

I think Molly is a great jack of all trades though:)

Caroline Svenson- recently got her one to double, toe full, combo to double, amazing jumps. She flew center switch kick double on Beatles, side based center stunt, flew on high school, back spotted on Senior 4 and was center dance. This girl can do it all and is an amazing performer!

I definitely agree with Kelsey, Amanda and Caitlyn. I can't believe no one has said Whitney Love! Toni B as well! Rachel Mcguigan from Brandon. There's so many!

ETA: I know everyone has posted girls but I gotta say it. SHELDON BULLOCK.

Caroline Svenson- recently got her one to double, toe full, combo to double, amazing jumps. She flew center switch kick double on Beatles, side based center stunt, flew on high school, back spotted on Senior 4 and was center dance. This girl can do it all and is an amazing performer!

I definitely agree with Kelsey, Amanda and Caitlyn. I can't believe no one has said Whitney Love! Toni B as well! Rachel Mcguigan from Brandon. There's so many!

Yessss Caroline! And my own Madison.. Lol, she is a fierce base and backspot, wait, well maybe one day... hahaha

Honestly, I haven't met many athletes who weren't a jack of all trades at their level. There are many athletes across the board who are good at everything....but when talking about people who are absolutely amazing at absolutely everything... you might want to meet Erika Brandon (she was on Coed Elite and Senior Elite)

Caroline <3

I would like to throw out Toni Ann Yuli - amazing flyer (was point on stars until '08?... and lazers this year) Standing full, running double. great jumps. outstanding dancer. and great work ethic.
I love it that you included work ethic in there... so important to the "all around" athlete:)

I based, backed, coed stunted, and also flew mid-level in college pyramids... decent all around, except in tumbling. Most of my team was the same way, we had girls who based partner stunts and flew in tosses, girls who based tosses and flew in pyramids.... everything. It made it very easy to fill in when someone was injured. I think we almost get too specialized nowadays. There's nothing I hate more than "I can't base on that side"... like, I literally wanna rip my hair out when I hear that lol

Back