All-Star Jambrand's Major Prize.....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

mstealtoyou

Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
Dec 16, 2009
Starting this thread to get off the Cheer Athletics thread.

Let's put all further commentary here.

Bluecat, zta, scottish_cheerleader and I have all been talking about this on the Cheer Athletics thread. Anybody else have any opinions on the subject?

scottish_cheerleader said:
i wish i had seen it being brought up too! I have alot to say from a UK perspective... they have offered us a reciprocal trip! if they cant keep their promises to CA and CEA then should i really even mention it to my kids??
they are still advertising to us that both teams are coming over and that we are having a clinic with you on the saturday night (which we cant attend because the dance competition will still be ongoing !!)

Can either yourself or @BlueCat confirm if either team are coming?​
I haven't been involved in the planning of the trip for us. I know that they were making an effort to raise the money it would take. (Jam's contribution would be less than half of the total cost). The athletes were initially very excited to go, but prospect of raising tens of thousands of dollars to cover the balance of the trip took a big chunk of the excitement away. I dont know what the status of the fundraising effort has been.

It was very frustrating for the coaches involved as well, because we had used the potential of that prize as incentive to go to the Majors in the first place. If they had been up front about what they were really giving away, we would not likely have ever made the trip. The feeling that teams were deceived will also greatly impact many teams' choice of where to attend in the future. That type of event only really works with the right type of teams there and it will now be much harder to convince that type of team to trust them.

They also never mentioned that part of the "free trip" included teaching clinics that Jam was getting the money for. I know we probably would have volunteered for it anyway, but for them to simply assume that we would do that was a little surprising also.

I don't know about CEA

i wish i had seen it being brought up too! I have alot to say from a UK perspective... they have offered us a reciprocal trip! if they cant keep their promises to CA and CEA then should i really even mention it to my kids??
they are still advertising to us that both teams are coming over and that we are having a clinic with you on the saturday night (which we cant attend because the dance competition will still be ongoing !!)

Can either yourself or @BlueCat confirm if either team are coming?​

We had to bow out because of the sheer amount that we would have had to fundraise. My CP is a just turned 13 year old and there's no way we could send her without a parent so out thoughts going in were........."Her trip will be covered and we'll fundraise enough for a parent to go" After the $$$ was allotted our bill rose to $4100. And that didn't include food and spending money. It was just out of our price range.

As far as the team, I will ask around because I know they've been fundraising and see how many are going if any. I wouldn't want to misspeak on their behalf. I will say this. I wish they had just been honest and up front about the whole thing. Because in my opinion Coed Elite needed to be in their regular division at Jamfest for a World's Bid much worse than they needed to be in the Major's.

If I were YOU Scottish_cheerleader I would just ask them straight out. "I know that CA and CEA didn't really win a trip here so I am hesitant to even bring this to my kids attention at the risk of the same thing happening to us"

mstealtoyou said:
If I were YOU Scottish_cheerleader I would just ask them straight out. "I know that CA and CEA didn't really win a trip here so I am hesitant to even bring this to my kids attention at the risk of the same thing happening to us"​
i get on really well with the lady who runs jamfest europe and also know Dan Kessler quite well, BUT they dont really answer questions when you ask.
this is what it says on our website at the moment:
"Don't miss out on seeing the best team from the U.S. compete. Cheer Athletics Senior All-Girl and Cheer Extreme Senior Co-Ed will travel to Liverpool to compete, teach a clinic and meet all the athletes. No other event in the UK and Europe will you be able to see this caliber of athletes in person."

I have noticed that the wording of our "reciprocal" prize has changed to "selection to attend The Majors" instead of the "bid" and they are now offering paid registration for super nationals too

While it is disappointing for the athletes, the worst part to me is that they potentially ruined what may have changed the game. The majors had so much potential and was a step in the right direction for our industry. What now? Who is going to go after they fell through the very first year? It is such a shame.

While it is disappointing for the athletes, the worst part to me is that they potentially ruined what may have changed the game. The majors had so much potential and was a step in the right direction for our industry. What now? Who is going to go after they fell through the very first year? It is such a shame.
Shimmy to infinity.

What a disappointment... Especially after the promises were made.
I can't help but think this is going to be a huge hit on Jambrands, because you just ruined a relationship with several big name gyms over one event. Don't tell me they didn't make a huge chunk of change-I was there and witnessed the madness. Obviously as a major event producer, they projected the money that would be made and costs of the event. At some point, they had to have a general idea of what they would bring in with ticket sales, and what the true costs of sending two teams over would be. I just don't understand how that changes. If anything, they should have gone above and beyond what they projected when the event sold out and they added extra tickets last minute. It just doesn't really make sense or add up to me. Sounds like a case of getting greedy, and it will come back to hurt them in the future.

I can't agree more with what people have said about ruining what could have been a huge game changer.

It seems to me to be pretty obvious that it would have been very smart business for Jammy to take a loss and follow through with what was promised.

Not usually a conspiracy theorist, but the fact that Jammy seems to be not interested in making this right makes me wonder if somehow USASF / Varsity influenced this.

That in conjunction with Jammy apparently voting with Varsity on the "new rules" makes me suspicious.

What a disappointment... Especially after the promises were made.
I can't help but think this is going to be a huge hit on Jambrands, because you just ruined a relationship with several big name gyms over one event. Don't tell me they didn't make a huge chunk of change-I was there and witnessed the madness. Obviously as a major event producer, they projected the money that would be made and costs of the event. At some point, they had to have a general idea of what they would bring in with ticket sales, and what the true costs of sending two teams over would be. I just don't understand how that changes. If anything, they should have gone above and beyond what they projected when the event sold out and they added extra tickets last minute. It just doesn't really make sense or add up to me. Sounds like a case of getting greedy, and it will come back to hurt them in the future.
It's also not like they couldn't swing big discounts for travel as well if it all went through them. For the numbers going and there corporate machine they could've made it work, as promised. They maybe taken a hit this year, but imagine what next year would've looked like here and across the pond.

According to Holden's facebook, he's been talking a lot about hows he's excited to attend. Did CEA find a way to fund-raise the trip? I know I'd be so disappointed If I was promised performances from 2 of the biggest teams in all star cheer, and then have them not show up.

Coed Elite has been doing a lot of fundraising. I wouldn't think they've raised enough to cover the deficiencies of the whole team. I will however ask the person in charge and see what she says. We had to let the team mom know at the first of April whether our kids were in or out. We sadly had to opt out. Sad for my CP who earned the right to go with her team. There's a lesson in this for her though and sometimes that's the big picture of this world we call Allstars!

There are some kids who didn't need to fund raise at all and some who needed to fund raise the full amount. Coed, like most teams I would think, are made up of kids from many socioeconomic backgrounds. I am praying that those who can make it happen get to go. What an amazing trip for them!!!

Just so people know what kind of money we are talking about. $2300 to just get there and have a hotel. (No food or pocket money yet). $500 allotted per kid from JamBrands. That's an $1800 difference. Times 36 kids. Coed Elite needed to raise $64,800 to cover airfare, train fare to Liverpool from the airport and hotel rooms.

its a shame. Maybe if they used the money they spent flying all over the US filming the promotional videos at every gym toward the actual prize that may have helped! and with such an exclusive set of gyms being invited (truly the best of the best) you can only pull the lucy and charlie brown football thing so many times before no one shows up!

its a shame. Maybe if they used the money they spent flying all over the US filming the promotional videos at every gym toward the actual prize that may have helped! and with such an exclusive set of gyms being invited (truly the best of the best) you can only pull the lucy and charlie brown football thing so many times before no one shows up!

Yes, how many parents are sitting in Birmingham, Miami, Maryland, etc saying "Thank God we didn't 'win' the Major's" LMAO

While being disappointed in JamBrands I want to also give a shoutout to Nfinity Shoes who delivered exactly what they promised these teams as their part in the "prize". Nfinity backpacks, very nice warmup suit with Major's Champion on the back, Spankies and a new pair of Vengeance. I wouldn't be afraid to say that the retail price on their contribution matched JamBrand's very closely.

Something tells me they are back rethinking what they did, and in the future those trips will actually be full paid trips! They have to know they screwed up i dont see them just letting this blow over......IMO!

While being disappointed in JamBrands I want to also give a shoutout to Nfinity Shoes who delivered exactly what they promised these teams as their part in the "prize". Nfinity backpacks, very nice warmup suit with Major's Champion on the back, Spankies and a new pair of Vengeance. I wouldn't be afraid to say that the retail price on their contribution matched JamBrand's very closely.

This sounds very silly, but just reading that is enough to make me want to switch to Nfinity right now. A company that will go above and beyond for their customers and deliver what is promised says a lot, and says a lot about how they will treat me as a customer. Now, if only they could host competitions... I'm still waiting for a big name competition company that will treat the customers right.

Back