All-Star Jamfest Not Giving Worlds Bids?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If it is a private based competition they can invite who they want. It is kinda like Top Ten list... its all opinion based and possibly availability. I will be interested to see how this goes off.

I might add this is an interesting alternative to Worlds. You piggy back it into your current competition so there are plenty of attendants and ways to fund the competition. You raise the amount of teams next year to 20... then 30... and pretty soon you have 60 of the best teams coming to this invite only event. You then have it at the end of the season ish (so somewhere in April or May) and it feels like the season ending event. Being invite only means they can create the qualification process. Being that it straddles their current competition they can test out this idea and if it fails change nothing... but if it does succeed they now have an organically grown Worlds competitor. They can learn from all the mistakes of the current Worlds, and build off of its successes. And even better for them because they aren't calling it Worlds they give away a Europe trip to compete to 'represent' the US in Europe. Broadcast the thing live so everyone can see it in HD.

And how many steps before they don't have to give Worlds bids to want to come compete at this competition? If teams going are already forfeiting their Worlds bids to compete at the Majors (btw GREAT name for it) it wouldn't be hard to remove them and not see a loss of business.

Ill be interested to see how this all pans out.

If it is a private based competition they can invite who they want. It is kinda like Top Ten list... its all opinion based and possibly availability. I will be interested to see how this goes off.

The funny thing to me is that when you listen/read the majority of he posters during the comp season this is very similar to what they are clamoring for. Fewer teams. Only the "best" teams that in their minds have a legitimate shot of beating each other - which they base of that teams history as well as that current years routine. Eventual qualification process that eliminates a lot of the "at large bid teams" that they dont want to see.

So Jamfest sets something up. Invitation only to start. Top teams based on history and incentive. Reward of a trip to Europe to compete. At least they are trying to make changes. The problem for many? It isn't Varsity. JMO.

kingston said:
I might add this is an interesting alternative to Worlds. You piggy back it into your current competition so there are plenty of attendants and ways to fund the competition. You raise the amount of teams next year to 20... then 30... and pretty soon you have 60 of the best teams coming to this invite only event. You then have it at the end of the season ish (so somewhere in April or May) and it feels like the season ending event. Being invite only means they can create the qualification process. Being that it straddles their current competition they can test out this idea and if it fails change nothing... but if it does succeed they now have an organically grown Worlds competitor. They can learn from all the mistakes of the current Worlds, and build off of its successes. And even better for them because they aren't calling it Worlds they give away a Europe trip to compete to 'represent' the US in Europe. Broadcast the thing live so everyone can see it in HD.

And how many steps before they don't have to give Worlds bids to want to come compete at this competition? If teams going are already forfeiting their Worlds bids to compete at the Majors (btw GREAT name for it) it wouldn't be hard to remove them and not see a loss of business.

I said it before. Genius

I said it before. Genius

I am impressed they found a perfect way to create a Worlds rival without creating a rival. There is no reason to block it... to stop it... because its all within the rules. Heck, it is so obvious what they are trying to do but there is no real repercussions to it whether they succeed or fail for them.

Ill be interested to see how this all pans out.[

Great marketing tool for growth of Jamfest Euro as well having AMerican team participate.

Yep.

It seems as though they have been reading the boards and actually listening! I think this is a great thing for the USASF as well. The purpose for the USASF is to be a governing body, not to run the most successful, prestigious event IMO. Maybe now they can refocus on what's truly important. Growing our sport by standardizing rules and finding a way to police them. I see it glass half full.

To speculate a little bit. If JamBrands stops offering bids to Worlds, they lose their voting right and seat on the USASF board. Doesn't this mean one step closer to a universal scoresheet? I think the IEP was on board for one just needing VB and JB to agree? So no JB could make this process easier...maybe?

Back