All-Star Jamfest Not Giving Worlds Bids?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 8, 2011
So I heard a rumor that Jamfest isn't giving paid bids to USASF World's next year? Does anyone know if this is true or false?

So I heard a rumor that Jamfest isn't giving paid bids to USASF World's next year? Does anyone know if this is true or false?

I've heard the same rumor, but haven't seen anything official.

I've heard something similar.

I have heard they are trying to create their own "worlds" event but IDK how that's panning out for them...

I have spoken of this. There is a lot of stuff on Facebook about it according to my wife, a lot accurate.

Feel free to link. I had heard about America's Best.

To speculate (cause what fun is all this if we don't speculate) if Jamfest Super Nationals only loses a few teams because of not offering Worlds Bids (and really Worlds bids only affects a small percentage of teams) then there is no reason to offer them, and hence no reason to be in the USASF? I believe they already have a top notch registration system and probably the insurance as well.

I've heard over here that after this season (so 12/13 season) Jamfest will be giving worlds bids at their European Competition in the UK (as they've had compeitions for 3 years or something like that).
So I hope this rumour isn't true as there aren't many bids in the UK as it is!

Feel free to link. I had heard about America's Best.

To speculate (cause what fun is all this if we don't speculate) if Jamfest Super Nationals only loses a few teams because of not offering Worlds Bids (and really Worlds bids only affects a small percentage of teams) then there is no reason to offer them, and hence no reason to be in the USASF? I believe they already have a top notch registration system and probably the insurance as well.

I don't have Facebook. However, if you are interested in a system that promotes what one ould consider a more traditional World Champions based on standardized scoresheets, consistant judging and a series of competitions resulting in a Champion at the end, what they are talking about is probable the first step towards that goal as it changes the nature of how money is paid and made in Cheer. I hope their vision effects change across the Cheer World.

I heard the same thing but it sounded like by invite only.

Yes, it was by invite only. Except I don't think it's panning out to be as awesome as it was first meant to be. I am torn on whether or not I want another company trying to create a new "worlds". I have been disappointed on how the USASF has handled multiple situations with their worlds, but IDK if having 2 would be a better solution. I have just been hoping that with time and wisdom, the USASF would finally get it right...

I've heard over here that after this season (so 12/13 season) Jamfest will be giving worlds bids at their European Competition in the UK (as they've had compeitions for 3 years or something like that).
So I hope this rumour isn't true as there aren't many bids in the UK as it is!

So instead of Worlds bids trips to Europe? That is a pretty decent alternative, not gonna lie. Even if the competition over there wasn't the strongest I would like to go to Europe please.

Yes, it was by invite only. Except I don't think it's panning out to be as awesome as it was first meant to be. I am torn on whether or not I want another company trying to create a new "worlds". I have been disappointed on how the USASF has handled multiple situations with their worlds, but IDK if having 2 would be a better solution. I have just been hoping that with time and wisdom, the USASF would finally get it right...

Competition isn't a bad thing. It forces you to be better. The reason all-star gyms produce the best cheerleading in the world is because there is so much competition. Now for the time being it may not be great, but it will get better.

Competition isn't a bad thing. It forces you to be better. The reason all-star gyms produce the best cheerleading in the world is because there is so much competition. Now for the time being it may not be great, but it will get better.

I think it may be a first step into a system where the top teams in a division compete in a series of competitions and the cost is deferred by the competition to the teams that make the grade off the last years results, and other teams can also compete without economic support and put themselves in a position to get the rewards of cost deferral the next year and paid to the finals that year. NOW, I'm speculating a lot, but in looking at the tea leaves, I think that is what they hope it will become. Sort of like telling the UGA football team we are going to cover the travel costs, and the costs associated with game in return for your participation as they do now instead of the parents of the athletes paying their costs to compete. I know this sounds a bit wild, but it makes sense. Again, SPECULATION.

Back