All-Star Jamz Nationals In Vegas

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Since karma is international and already had an at large bid aren't they allowed to now add younger kids matching the international rules???
I think they can add them maybe for worlds but not for other us comps that follow usasf guidelines.

I think they can add them maybe for worlds but not for other us comps that follow usasf guidelines.

Ok I'm probably reading it wrong but the rules seem to say teams may use substitutions using the new age grid from int division after they have received their bid. Am I completely reading it wrong??? The age grid in this division really confuses me

Hello...
I was the coach that made the mistake on the rule. We did not intentionally cheat we submitted the proper usasf roster with the substitute listed and unfortunately for my kids I only read the rule on international age from the worlds packet and did not read the clarification on the usasf age grid.
The reporting team did nothing wrong and we were properly DQ'D for my mistake. PCM is a firm believer in the rules and level play I am so sorry to my athletes for this mistake it is mine and mine alone but in no way shape or form was it to gain a competitive advantage by cheating we were simply substituting for an injury.
NJ Coach you are correct that the reporting team has no blame the mistake was mine, however it shows the holes in the system...if the usasf has an official roster that has an obvious error why did they not flag it?? If the EP has the official roster with the birth certificate why did they not check it??? We still have a long way to go to catch and stop cheating and to use the system when honest mistakes are made.

Again I am so very sorry to all of my athletes...anyone who knows me knows that I love and die for these amazing athletes.
I hope this is the end of the conversation about this event, but the start of a broader conversation on the flaws on the current system.

Hello...
I was the coach that made the mistake on the rule. We did not intentionally cheat we submitted the proper usasf roster with the substitute listed and unfortunately for my kids I only read the rule on international age from the worlds packet and did not read the clarification on the usasf age grid.
The reporting team did nothing wrong and we were properly DQ'D for my mistake. PCM is a firm believer in the rules and level play I am so sorry to my athletes for this mistake it is mine and mine alone but in no way shape or form was it to gain a competitive advantage by cheating we were simply substituting for an injury.
NJ Coach you are correct that the reporting team has no blame the mistake was mine, however it shows the holes in the system...if the usasf has an official roster that has an obvious error why did they not flag it?? If the EP has the official roster with the birth certificate why did they not check it??? We still have a long way to go to catch and stop cheating and to use the system when honest mistakes are made.

Again I am so very sorry to all of my athletes...anyone who knows me knows that I love and die for these amazing athletes.
I hope this is the end of the conversation about this event, but the start of a broader conversation on the flaws on the current system.
I agree with you on the holes in the system. I'm sorry you and your team had to go through this today. I applaud you for this post however.

I don't fault the reporting gym at all! It could be possible that someone from the reporting gym saw the athlete during the performance and knew she/he wasn't 15 as of august 31. ALOT of kids gym hop here, and it is a small world. I don't have any issues with reporting after the fact. It's a bid comp. Now I've just lost respect for PCM. I never thought they would be the type of gym to do this. Makes me sad.

i 100% agree that it was an accident and i feel really terrible for everyone involved! the team that reported it looks shady now, and for the people that dont know it was an honest mistake, karma looks shady too!
I don't see the team reporting it as shady. They had every right to do it. They don't know the circumstances behind the younger athlete and that it was an honest mistake. They had knowledge and used it to their advantage.

I don't see the team reporting it as shady. They had every right to do it. They don't know the circumstances behind the younger athlete and that it was an honest mistake. They had knowledge and used it to their advantage.
im not going to get into this again. but to me if you're doing something out of spite to get an advantage, thats shady in my opinion

I agree with Coach Troy in this sense - some of the eligibility rules are a cluster.

As to the broader point...I would have absolutely no problem raising an issue about an athlete's eligibility. Everyone needs to play by the same rules. The fact that the objection was raised by a team in the same division is completely irrelevant to the discussion. In fact, if a team had that information and didn't share it for fear of being labeled "shady", they're actually doing their kids a disservice.

im not going to get into this again. but to me if you're doing something out of spite to get an advantage, thats shady in my opinion
Ok I don't want to argue with you and you just said you don't want to get into this again but I'd just like to state my own opinion.
This is a competitive sport. Teams should be doing everything within their power to try to win, so long as it stays within the parameters of following the rules and maintaining decent sportsmanship.
I'm a big baseball person. A few years ago, the Giants won a crucial game by our manager pointing out that the Dodgers manager had stepped out onto the mound too many times. Should he instead have stopped the other manager and said, "Wait! You're going to have to take your pitcher out if you go out there again!"? No. The stakes were high in that game and if he had done that, there's a very real chance we wouldn't have won the world series that year.
There's nothing shady about giving yourself a competitive advantage. That's just being smart.

So how have the level 5 teams been doing today? Who hit? Who didn't? I hate not being able to be there to watch for myself.

Latest posts

Back