All-Star Jamz Nationals Vegas February 2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Rebels elite's all girl is called Viqueens. Not the Viqueens from Norway(?). If that's what you are thinking of.
Rebels Elite level 6 is called QUEENS. All of their teams are named after cards: diamonds, hearts, aces, etc. Viqueens isn't a card.

The bar was only open for an hour or so twice a day and not all day long. That really meant one drink per person because they would only allow you to have one drink ordered and the line was long. I believe it is the responsibility of the coach to partake in the festivities or not. I have been blessed that I always had to be up at the crack of dawn with Mini's and I was done by 2:00 pm. So for me a drink after I was done working was fine in my book. Vegas cannot be compared to other competitions, you can easily stop on your way to the competiiton and grab a free drink if you really needed it. lol!!

So you are comfortable with them offering it? I guess I have been there in the coaches area where they offer it as the regular coaches viewing area and such was up there and I will say that beyond the fact that I don't agree with it because they are just encouraging the behavior, I did not like the fact that I watched as they did not card coaches. This to me is an accident waiting to happen. Morally or not as an adult you or I may not partake, but that was not stopping underage athletes/coaches from doing it. Then after coaching their younger teams they would suit up and perform on international teams. I just think its a lawsuit waiting to happen. Does that make sense?
Well we attempt to card all individuals who are drinking. Our happy Hour occurs close to the end of the day (after all youth and junior teams have performed) and it is optional at best , not a requirement. Individuals must be act as adults and make choices. Drinking alcohol and performing is stupid and irresponsible. Please let me know privately which teams you saw acting in this manner and I will handle the situation accordingly directly with those coaches. We want to make a festive environment, not a booze fest. Coaches are professional and running a business and I expect them to act accordingly. Lastly athletes and performers are forbidden and banned from the coaches lounge. Anyone who has tried to enter knows that there is an attendant at the door at ALL times.

Perhaps you misunderstood me. I never said JAMZ should not have 2 or even 3 paid bids. I never said it was a small competition. In fact what I said is that this was going to be a battle of the current at large bids for those paid bids (as many of the teams attending are coming with at large bids already earned). But, the fact that so many teams already have their at large bids is what i was also bringing up. If you have 33 teams attending and 2/3 (I haven't seen final lists so I have no idea) already have at large bids, that means the at large bids offered by JAMZ can get handed down to the teams that might not have otherwise gotten one. Please don't take this as something that is JAMZ specific...it happened at Spirit Sports and it has happened at other competitions too including NCA Dallas!
No I totally agree with you here. The at-large bids is a problem as the season get's late. My response was not meaning to discredit your point but just make clear this is an industry wide problem. Many in the industry want to get ride of at-large bids all together. This would make an exciting competition season but not so sure the majority of coaches are behind this proposition.

Macs Cheer will be taking S5, Senior Starz, and Junior Starz.

Fusion, another gym from Utah, will be there also. I know they have a Sr Restricted 5, Large Jun 4, Large Sr 2, and a Large Youth 2. Pretty sure they also have a youth 1 team, not sure large or small.

Does anyone know what it means when it says "Small Champs" or "Large Champs" next to a team????

Back