All-Star January 2016 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Would a standing layout even be possible?
Also, what are some of the skills from gymnastics that haven't crossed into cheer? I only know of:
Valdez
BHS/FHS step out
Front layout/fulls
Triples, quads and double backs (but they are illegal)
That one where you start as a cartwheel and go into a walkover (name)?

Also, what are some of the skills from gymnastics that haven't crossed into cheer? I only know of:
Valdez
BHS/FHS step out
Front layout/fulls
Pretty sure the last one you're talking about is an Onodi.

You can tell CP17 was coached in tumbling from a gymnast because he doesn't punch front, he Russians.

And I've seen a standing layout. It's not in the least bit surprising it came from another of cp17's coaches Tye Hill. He is tumbling perfection (and one of my favorite people ever).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Valdez
BHS/FHS step out
Front layout/fulls

I've seen a Valdez done.

Standing arabians haven't been done in cheer. They're the same skill value as a tucked full in gymnastics so I think it'd be cool to see done in a routine. Maybe switch it up a bit

Why is the red-head girl on SSX STILL doing that standing full? I don't think I've ever seen her actually get it all the way around.
What?.. It looks like she got it all the way around to me.. Her chest was just down & her feet were pointed towards the front when she landed. Last year it was incomplete most of the season.

from the first competition until now this team has just gotten better and better. such a great routine!

Agreed! They look really confident with that routine and the skills it contains!! The old transition into their pyramid bothered me for some reason! All they changes they have made look good! They seem like a fairly young team but it definitely doesn't show in their performance!! Can't wait to see how they do in Dallas!!

Valdez
BHS/FHS step out
Front layout/fulls
Many level 2 teams have groups of people perform a Valdez in their routine.

This is far from an expert opinion so it could be off. They are definitely very very close to me. I would put them about equal in stunting/pyramids, maybe slightly higher to SE, but I would give the edge to F5 in tumbling, both for difficulty and execution, especially standing tumbling. I would also put F5 slightly higher in jumps and dance.
As the scores from the last 2 competitions between these two teams has indicated, their routines score very close and on any given day, it could go either way. They both are amazingly talented teams and each have their unique talented styles.
The score sheet this year has some major changes that can definitely affect scores significantly thus the standings. It can be confusing and I feel certain I still don't understand it all...thank goodness my CP isn't on a coed team or I would really be confused LOL. That being said, after some research, this is what I take from the AG portion (not EVEN gonna comment on Coed)
1) In order to get the highest scores in stunting, every stunt must do at least 1 elite skill/stunt at the same time...ie: quantity score. This is a big change from "majority" or at different times which will no longer qualify for the highest ranges. This alone (especially in LAG, can really affect the standings.
2) Since we no longer have deductions for bobbles, these affect the "technique area" which is now 5 points. This area to me seems to be the most confusing as it can be very subjective. This is where the bobbles, step outs, "low landings" are gonna play into the score. I wish there more of a blueprint for this, but have not seen one as yet. I feel certain that the judges have a more clear idea than we do at this point.
Hope this helps a little bit.

Valdez
BHS/FHS step out
Front layout/fulls
There was a girl on rain athletics aqua who did a front full in her pass the last couple years, I believe she's on TGLC now but not sure if she competes it in that routine. I love seeing front fulls in cheer routines but they're so rare!

The "frontal squat" has been used in PLENTY other routines before also. Gymtyme pink did the same thing I want to say in 2013 routine. I think they show something in their routine that other small senior teams don't have. Sets them apart. I like it

The
Just because another team did in the past doesn't make it appropriate. Pink was also an international team that didn't have 12 year olds. Skill should set a team apart from the competition not frontal squats.

Back