All-Star January 2016 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm really bothered by it. Like if someone did the "okay in front of your mouth" smoking a doobie motion in their routine people would freak out, why is everyone okay with people dabbing in their routine?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
I can say around here (and we don't do it in the routine) that although I know where dabbing comes from, that's not the point/intent. In our area, it's a nod to Cam Newton and the Panthers. Easy as that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really bothered by it. Like if someone did the "okay in front of your mouth" smoking a doobie motion in their routine people would freak out, why is everyone okay with people dabbing in their routine?

Maybe becauSe it's already been established that that isn't where dabbing originated from?

Maybe becauSe it's already been established that that isn't where dabbing originated from?

All the songs I have heard about the dance also reference doing it after dabbing marijuana....... The motion is you coughing into your arm after dabbing...

All the songs I have heard about the dance also reference doing it after dabbing marijuana....... The motion is you coughing into your arm after dabbing...

Again, it's not. The same ignorance you are speaking is the same thing that got Bow wow ripped to shreds. Migos said where dabbing came from. And that's not it. So maybe you should do some more fact checking. That explanation is also irrelevant because nobody dabs and then thinks oh my god I have to cough let me do all this extra foolery to do so.

Again, it's not. The same ignorance you are speaking is the same thing that got Bow wow ripped to shreds. Migos said where dabbing came from. And that's not it. So maybe you should do some more fact checking. That explanation is also irrelevant because nobody dabs and then thinks oh my god I have to cough let me do all this extra foolery to do so.

Rather than being insulting could you instead educate me?

I have a few things I would reply to your comment but I don't think the fierceboard is an appropriate place to speak about drugs and how they effect you tbh.

I have a few things I would reply to your comment but I don't think the fierceboard is an appropriate place to speak about drugs and how they effect you tbh.

You've stated a few times about your dislike of the dance and went so far as to say you would remove someone from your program for doing it. You made these statements on the basis of false information which you could have found out with a simple Google search. So forgive me for being "insulting" when you are perpetuating ignorance.

Bow Wow Ridiculed for Explaining Origins of The Dab Dance [Watch] : Entertainment : Latin Post

Migos and Rich the kid, rappers from Atlanta, originated the dance.

Answered: What is the Dab Dance? | DJBooth

Every time black kids make something it's not always related to drugs despite what you may believe.

To diffuse the situation, there was a little conversation about it in the 18+ Random Thread. Basically, it'd pretty much acknowledged that this whole thing about the dance being about that is fabricated. The guys who sing the song deny it and the act and the dance are not the same.

Annnny more vids? :)

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

You've stated a few times about your dislike of the dance and went so far as to say you would remove someone from your program for doing it. You made these statements on the basis of false information which you could have found out with a simple Google search. So forgive me for being "insulting" when you are perpetuating ignorance.

Bow Wow Ridiculed for Explaining Origins of The Dab Dance [Watch] : Entertainment : Latin Post

Migos and Rich the kid, rappers from Atlanta, originated the dance.

Answered: What is the Dab Dance? | DJBooth

Every time black kids make something it's not always related to drugs despite what you may believe.

I don't own a program, I never said that. I'm an athlete still. Maybe you should look more closely at the people you're replying to.

And if you're trying to imply that I'm racist or uneducated on black culture you better check yourself Henny. I'm a drag queen in a major city, I surround myself with urban black culture on the daily and am far from unaware.

I didn't assume it was based on drugs because it comes from black culture, I thought so because of its name. If the dance move was made by white kids and called "doing a bump" where you rub your nose I would make similar presumptions.

I admit I might be wrong, but everyone I've asked about it (who were black, btw) explained it was coughing into your arms after hitting a dab, and the song by iHeartMemphis seemed to allude to that. So if I was speaking misinformation I apologize but next time try being less pointlessly aggressive.

Don't come for me unless I send for you.

Back