All-Star Joan Rivers. :(

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I thought she was on life support? Did that change?
It was very odd- She was on life support, they'd taken her off and it seemed like she was doing better (she got moved out of the ICU), and then passed very suddenly.

I know it started with her having complications from surgery (she stopped breathing). Being in the industry, we've all been following this for days :( Very painful.

I liked Joan Rivers and will miss her. Her fashion commentary was hilarious! She was a true entertainment personality that people either loved or hated, and was never boring.

And kudos to her for keeping her career going for her entire life, not a lot of female entertainers can do that past half the age that she was.

It was very odd- She was on life support, they'd taken her off and it seemed like she was doing better (she got moved out of the ICU), and then passed very suddenly.

I know it started with her having complications from surgery (she stopped breathing). Being in the industry, we've all been following this for days :( Very painful.
From what I've read, she was on life support the whole time up until yesterday. She was moved out of ICU into a private room as a palliative measure and so friends could say their last goodbyes. The media kind of spun it to make it sound like she was doing better, but nothing in her condition had actually changed.

I was a massive Joan fan and feel incredibly lucky to have seen her standup last year. She was crass, but I loved her for it. She was like everyone's favorite grandma who said terrible things in one breath, but had you rolling on the floor with laughter the next. I knew her passing was coming, but this one really hit me hard.

Back