All-Star Journaling For Mental Block

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Valvalmom

Cheer Parent
Jan 27, 2013
12 yo CP has blocked on and off for several years. She was throwing a full last spring and was blocked by the end of the summer. Currently, she will throw a punch front but is inconsistent with all backwards tumbling right down to her bhs. It's been an increasingly stressful time for her.

She is very interested in the idea of journaling as a step in overcoming her block, but is unsure exactly what she should include in her journal. I am wondering if anyone here has experience either keeping a journal during or to prevent a block. Or any coaches that have used journaling as a technique. Any and all experiences/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Journaling- You should get a notebook and record your goals (1 or 2 weeks at a time) and a plan on how to reach these goals. In addition to your goals, you should keep a record of your conditioning and daily thoughts. Depending on how severe the block is you could even set a daily goal. Make all goals reasonable, such as: Perform a skill 3 times without stopping.

Copied and pasted from fortheloveoftumbling.com, she has more techniques there too, I just took out the journaling part. I don't personally have experience with journaling but hope this helps!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back