Jump Question?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 26, 2012
Alright, it may be a myth but i'm curious if its possible to get hyper extended jumps by sitting in a butterfly and having someone crack your hips? I saw it somewhere on line and wondering if it was safe and or possible.

My hips just always seem to crack by themselves when I do butterflys. My jumps are pretty decent, but not like the best jumps you've ever seen. I do think my right hurdlers are pretty good and I got best jumps last year lol. I'm going to say it's probably just a myth and if someone is cracking your hips for you it could possibly be unsafe. They might no know what they are doing and end up hurting you, not helping you.

My hips just always seem to crack by themselves when I do butterflys. My jumps are pretty decent, but not like the best jumps you've ever seen. I do think my right hurdlers are pretty good and I got best jumps last year lol. I'm going to say it's probably just a myth and if someone is cracking your hips for you it could possibly be unsafe. They might no know what they are doing and end up hurting you, not helping you.

i have always had my hips crack too, someone just told me that it would increase hip flexibility, now that i think about it, it is probably not the best way to get hyper extended jumps. thanks:)

Back