All-Star Junior Restricted?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think a bottom age would be great (I think Sr Restricted has hurt the Jr 5 division) but as a parent of a 10 year old with a double I would hate to see even less competition in their Junior 5 division. As it is they'll compete against maybe 1 or 2 teams all season. If a restricted Junior came into play they would probably either see no competition or be forced to not compete the skills they've worked so hard for and go restricted with the rest. .....so hopefully this won't happen for a couple of years ;)
I completely understand what you are saying, however, I coach a Sr Res team with a 10 yr old on it who has a double. Unfortunately she is the ONLY 10 yr old we have with a double, we do have a few other younger girls with standing to fulls etc. so we would do very well to have a Jr. Res but can not compete with true Jr 5 teams. My concern is what do I do with her and my other jr kids with fulls IF there is a bottom age? The way it is set up now is there is NO progression area for them, honestly I'd rather see a youth and jr restricted BEFORE a Sr. Restricted. Thats JMO from seeing how these divisions have affected my gym.

Isn't Youth 5 Restricted the only youth 5 division? (there is no normal level 5 youth anymore, correct?)

Back