OT Just A Rant.. And A Challenge

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Dec 2, 2011
I'm really tired of everyone saying "Society is ugly, you're beautiful" or "I want to change the world" then they turn around and do something mean, or tear someone down. I think that if you keep saying you want change, you think people should be more confident, society is ugly, etc etc etc, you should do something about it. Don't just sit there. Be the change! So I'm challenging myself, to compliment someone every day. Knowing I can make someone feel better inside makes me feel better, too. If you'd like to take part in this compliment challenge, feel free on leaving a story of how you made someone's day, and it made yours.

^^^^^^^I have never understood why some people just ignore the people who check you out at the supermarket or who take your order at a restaurant. It takes very little effort to smile at someone (or at least make eye contact for heaven's sake) and make a sentence or two of small talk and I have seen it change someone's demeanor, they're not robots. That old "do unto others" really is a good rule to live by.

Everyone should be kind to others everyday. You'd be surprised on how people need to hear a compliment once in a while or see a stranger's smile. I like send people kind anon messages on tumblr and knowing I could have made their day a bit better makes me happy. :D

Y'all just need to move to the south. Courtesy is the norm. We still have jerks around here but talking to and being kind to strangers is not weird....it's actually expected behavior. We consider everyone our neighbor even if we don't know them.

Back