All-Star Just Cheer Flooded From Hurricane Irene

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 18, 2010
I wasn't sure if there had been a post about this, I searched for a few things.... anyhow, I caught this on fbook just now, and I'm totally shocked. Just Cheer's gym got hit really badly with Hurricane Irene's aftermath of flooding in the area. I'm wondering if any other gyms have been as unlucky, and if there's some way that we all can get together in support for Just Cheer and other gyms in the same predicament. :(

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?v=2212691509550

nikaa_twist said:
This is terrible.:( Pictures are private.

They should contact New Orleans Outlaws. After Katrina they thought they were finished. Janice came to visit my old gym to see about selling us some equipment but seeing the kids practicing renewed her spirits. They rebuilt and are making it back (slowly but surely). Janice is an inspiration! She's been around for a long time and has been knocked down but never out.

So sad ): I just read this off the website:
Due to the Flooding in Fairfield, the JuST Cheer Gym is currently closed. We would like to thank everyone for their concern, thoughts, and prayers as we face the giant task of putting our gym back together. We will be closed for all practices, classes and privates until September 12th. Our phones are not currently working, so if you need to get in touch with us, please send an email to [email protected].
Thank you for your cooperation.

Hope the damage isn't too bad.. I couldn't see the image but it seems as if they will be back in full force by comp season at least!

Just saw this in Newbies...

Hi All. Since I am new to the board, I can only post here in the Newbies forum, but there have been some inqueries about the state of our gym on the main board and if someone could pass this information along that would be great.

We did suffer some damage to the inside of the gym. Because of the flooding of the Passaic River, we ended up with about a foot and a half of water inside the entire the gym, covering both of our spring floors. We still can't get in to assess all of the damage because Fairfield Township is still in a state of emergency, and the National Guard is not allowing non-residents to enter the town. We appreciate all of your concerns and we plan on being back up and running soon.

This makes me sad. I have met several coaches and parents from JuST Cheer over the past few years, and they are the nicest, most genuine people. I really hope, if they are still on this board, that they will reach out to the cheer community so we can help in any way possible.

Why can't we all JuST Cheer!

It's hard to even imagine losing a gym where so many kids call home. Our gyms aren't just a place where stunts, tumbling, and jumps are taught, but where kids grow, relationships are formed, friendships behind. Praying for a speedy recovery until JuST Cheer can be restored to it's full potential!

Are there nearby gyms that would allow Just Cheer kids to come in and tumble for the time being?

Prayers for Just Cheer!!

Sorry all! I didn't realize it was private... it was a video showing the extensive water damage inside of the gym. I agree with all of you, Just Cheer has always been a program with great kids, parents, and coaches:) @Mamarazzi Star Athletics is only a 10 min drive from Just Cheer, but there is somewhat of a history there that would probably make that setup unlikely.

Sorry all! I didn't realize it was private... it was a video showing the extensive water damage inside of the gym. I agree with all of you, Just Cheer has always been a program with great kids, parents, and coaches:) @Mamarazzi Star Athletics is only a 10 min drive from Just Cheer, but there is somewhat of a history there that would probably make that setup unlikely.

I know some things are hard to get over, but hopefully in a state of need they can get over it for the time being. I'm sure they would want the help if the situation was reversed.

prayers from PA<3

Back