All-Star Kendall Jenner On The Cover Of American Cheerleader Magazine

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm always disappointed with celebrities on the cover. Esp. non-cheer celebrities. It's like they're trying to make these people seem like really big cheer people when really they cheered a little while is middle or high school. Also , all the magazine's stuff about fashion gets on my nerves. If I wanted makeup tips I'd read Seventeen 0r Vogue. I read AC for cheer related articles

As someone already stated - she cheers for Sierra Canyon School. My boyfriend went to school with her (It's K-12 and the middle & high schools are merged, it's also really small & everyone knows each other) but he graduated when she was in her 8th grade year - but we went back to some of the football games this year & I saw her cheer (he played football). I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but I can tell you firsthand from watching her & the rest of the squad cheer multiple times that the only stunts they had this past football season were halves (they might have had one or two extensions, I don't remember) and as far as I can remember, none of the girls on the squad tumble. This was; however, SC's first year having a "real" cheerleading squad. In past years it was only a club and they did not cheer at football games.

As someone already stated - she cheers for Sierra Canyon School. My boyfriend went to school with her (It's K-12 and the middle & high schools are merged, it's also really small & everyone knows each other) but he graduated when she was in her 8th grade year - but we went back to some of the football games this year & I saw her cheer (he played football). I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but I can tell you firsthand from watching her & the rest of the squad cheer multiple times that the only stunts they had this past football season were halves (they might have had one or two extensions, I don't remember) and as far as I can remember, none of the girls on the squad tumble. This was; however, SC's first year having a "real" cheerleading squad. In past years it was only a club and they did not cheer at football games.

yes i figured that when i watched a youtube video of her team. her team is very silly if you ask me and because of that i believe she has no right being on a cover and prob knows nothing about cheerleading.

yes i figured that when i watched a youtube video of her team. her team is very silly if you ask me and because of that i believe she has no right being on a cover and prob knows nothing about cheerleading.

I'm not trying to be rude, but it IS their first year having a cheerleading squad, the high school itself has only been open for 4 or 5 years. She might not having level 5 skills, or even level 2/3 skills, but she IS a cheerleader. But I'm sure ACM contacted her about the cover because of her fame, not skills.

I love that they highlighted someone who is generally well know in America and is actually a cheerleader, but I'm not a fan :/ I like the AC articles that highlight cheerleaders who are making and impact in the cheer community whether it be all star or high school. I understand that she is a high school cheerleader but in reality she would not have been on the cover if she or her family were not famous. Dont get me wrong I love the Kardashians but I'm not a fan of her being on the cover.

i look up to the girls on f5, tg, cea, and people who are just dedicated and hard working cheerleaders more then kendall jenner, who if she wasnt a celebrity would have never got the cover. i look forward to seeing girls (and guys) who do good things in the community and are amazing athletes EARN their AC covers :)

Gotta remember that AC is still a business and while some (me included) like stories featuring your everyday common gal, celebs sell. It's how every magazine cover captures their audience. You might be a stay at home mom who does a fantastic job of keeping up your house but... that doesn't make Good Housekeeping interested in featuring you on their cover. They want recognizable faces like Heidi Klum ( http://www.homemagascene.com/good_housekeeping_magazine_subscription_may2011.jpg ) Also AC isn't just for total cheer gurus, I got it in my beginning years of cheerleading and I couldn't tell you much about the sport. I wouldn't have recognized a big "cheerlebrity"'s name but if I heard an actual celebrities name, I'd be more likely to have heard of them. Kendall Jenner is VERY up and coming with millions of younger girls who look up to her and probably even find her more appealing than her sisters merely because of her age. Strategically placing her face on a magazine is profitable.. and we, being those actually involved in all star cheerleading, know unfortunately the media (whether magazines, tv shows for entertainment and even "reality" ones that in turn get parodied, movies like Bring it On 1-435834) dont always capture the true spirit of cheerleading..

Back