Kickover Troubles!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 2, 2011
I have been working on my bwo this summer and I have the back bend, but i have troubles with the kick over. I push through my shoulders, but at soon as I go to kick they snap back and I can't get all the way over. I stretch my shoulders 4 times a day,I do a lot of rainbow bridges, and kickover on a wedge. I don't know what else I can do! I would apreciate advice! Thank you!

make your bridge as small as possible. Also, keep the backwards momentum going by kicking as soon as your hands hit the ground. dont pause

My CP is working on this in privates right now. Her coach had her bridge up with her hands as close to the wall as possible and press her shoulders forward until her cheast touches the wall. Then she walks her feet in as close to her hands as possible. This is the position she should be trying to get when she kicks over. It seems to be helping. In two weeks of working on this with the coach and at home she has going for collapsing everytime she tries to kick over to kicking over on her own down the wedge.

unfortunately here in scotland we dont have the equipment you do! so i dont have wedges etc

my kids all learned to bwo using yellow pages! they started out kicking over off 3 then 2 then 1 then the ground, the drill @cheer23mom said about heels of your hands to the wall and push through your shoulders is AWESOME!
The foot that remains on the floor to push off needs to be as close to the hands as possible, if its far away they just cant get enough power to get over

have a look at this
http://www.fortheloveoftumbling.com...echnique/Entries/2009/11/1_Back_Walkover.html

I love coach Debbie xx

unfortunately here in scotland we dont have the equipment you do! so i dont have wedges etc

my kids all learned to bwo using yellow pages! they started out kicking over off 3 then 2 then 1 then the ground, the drill @cheer23mom said about heels of your hands to the wall and push through your shoulders is AWESOME!
The foot that remains on the floor to push off needs to be as close to the hands as possible, if its far away they just cant get enough power to get over

have a look at this
http://www.fortheloveoftumbling.com...echnique/Entries/2009/11/1_Back_Walkover.html

I love coach Debbie xx
Me too! She actually came to our gym about 4 months ago! I actually have a lot of shoulder flexability and my back is flexible too! I just don't get! I can get it with like maybe 6 inches off the ground, but never on the ground....

have a look at this

I love coach Debbie xx
Th

I can get it with like maybe 6 inches off the ground, but never on the ground....
coach Debbie was here in Scotland until thursday :) had a great time with her!

Just keep gradually lowering the level your kicking off eventually you will get it from the floor i promise!

Back