All-Star Knees

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

that's true but when i made the switch from other shoes to Nfinity's i didn't notice much. until i got the phoenix. for me it didn't make a difference, however the thing with hard floor is that you would be stronger so the weight of the shoes wouldn't really matter. for me anyway. before i started using Nfinity's (in college, etc.) my shoes were like boats. haha. so big never really thought they were heavy tho.

true we are all screwed. but life is so short, if we dont seize the day and do the thing we are most passionate about, what kind of life would we live? im pretty sure anyone who spends a lot of time on fierceboards LOVES cheer, so we do it no matter what problems we know we will have. the doctors will probably make a fortune off of us too hahah:)

now- you know nfinity's weren't made for non-spring floors..
they aren't made with enough support. heck i got injuries because on my old Nfinity's and ON the spring floor, so yeah- and whoever let you practice like that was stupid not to tell you to get different shoes.
just sayin'
lol.
Yeah seriously! The worst part of it all were those were the required shoe for my high school team. Like wow thanks coach for ruining my joints!

my ankles are done broke both of them, and my knees are next.One of my knees is just starting to hurt because when I was in a cast my knee sat funny on it (right below knee cap) and now my knee cap turns in and there for my leg bows out and then that leg is shorter, then my hips are allways out so my back allways hurts!! BUT it is so worth the practice and 2mins and 30secs out on that floor.....wouldnt change a thing!!

I have a feeling that in 20 or 30 years we will all see the effects of allstar cheerleading. It hasnt been this intense long enough for us to do studies and what not like football. The repetitive pounding on the knees and wrists and elbows in tumbling will show. Alot of us will have hip problems from jumping and splits, but, hey its worth the pain! Sorry if this is alittle bit blunt but... When a girl is going through puberty and there is repetitive heavy falling and cradeling will affect the growth of the boobs?

Mine already see the effects at 21, its really sad when your walking to class and your knees start hurting. I even creek and pop now too, haha.

My daughter is 10, and already has bilateral knee problems that she wears straps for them! Patellofemoral syndrome is what we have been told, for the time being! I am waiting for the day when something seriously goes wrong! I am sure it won't be too far off!

Back