All-Star Knowing There Are Illegal Athletes On Your Team

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I would consider reporting them to the governing body for Worlds as well IF you can give definitive information like names and birthdates of past ineligible athletes. Many kuddos to you for leaving a gym that does not abide by the rules, but people need to report these gyms as well. As long as unethical gyms think they can get away with it, they will continue to cheat.
And, what will the USASF do? Nothing. Report it, yes...but until they actually do something, the "report them" isn't working. There was another thread on this a while back, in which proof was given and USASF said there was nothing they could do. It gets sort of tiring pretending that this chain of command really works.

And, what will the USASF do? Nothing. Report it, yes...but until they actually do something, the "report them" isn't working. There was another thread on this a while back, in which proof was given and USASF said there was nothing they could do. It gets sort of tiring pretending that this chain of command really works.

Now that you mention it, that does sound familiar. And if so, how pathetic is that? If the governing body appears to not take their own rules seriously, why should a gym? And how can there be "nothing they can do", - if a gym is shown to have ineligible athletes than the rules state disqualification now and ineligibility for the next year. There is nothing they have to "do" besides what they themselves have said they will do- where is the difficulty?:confused: Or am I incorrect in the rules?

I say call em out! Put their names out there. If there is %100 proof, let everyone know a d spread the word!

I say call em out! Put their names out there. If there is %100 proof, let everyone know a d spread the word!
The 100% proof thing is important. Several years ago, at my previous gym, there was an area rival that "knew" I had an overage kid on my team. They called competition companies we had on our schedule to inform them we were cheating with an overage athlete, posted it on message boards, and basically made our lives a living hell. Want to know what proof they had....the kid in question looked too old to be on the team. She was (and still is) very tall for her age, had just gotten her braces off and is a gorgeous kid. So because they hated us, hated losing to us and had nothing better to do than worry about us, I spent the season getting questioned by untold amounts of people.

Basically, my point is if you don't have absolute proof, shut it. If you have absolute proof, say it.

The 100% proof thing is important. Several years ago, at my previous gym, there was an area rival that "knew" I had an overage kid on my team. They called competition companies we had on our schedule to inform them we were cheating with an overage athlete, posted it on message boards, and basically made our lives a living hell. Want to know what proof they had....the kid in question looked too old to be on the team. She was (and still is) very tall for her age, had just gotten her braces off and is a gorgeous kid. So because they hated us, hated losing to us and had nothing better to do than worry about us, I spent the season getting questioned by untold amounts of people.

Basically, my point is if you don't have absolute proof, shut it. If you have absolute proof, say it.
I agree %1000

As far as I know the only proof they will accept is a birth cert, well thats what we were told, thats not that easy to get although it is public record. and the complaint had to come from the gym owner, again thats what we were told by the EP.

I know of a jr team where most of the girls were driving themselves and team mates to practice LOL

Contact the USASF if you have proof. Put your proof in the email whether it be a video or picture.
[email protected]

I don't even belong to a gym and I contacted them a few days ago about an illegal athlete. I got my first response within a few hours. I hope that their excuse for not responding to my second message is because they are handling the situation.

Leave the gym, they're cheaters. What else will they lie and cheat about? RUN!

If gym owners will cheat, it demonstrates a variety of things....1) they have no respect for rules (including rules in society), 2) they will lie about other things, 3) they will cheat anyone when it serves them a purpose, and 4) they do not think anyone will happen to them for cheating.

All of which applies to the gym I identified as cheaters in another thread. I feel that we have a responsibility to do what is right and stand up to the cheaters for #1-3 by calling them out, and I feel that the USASF needs to do what is right and stand up against the cheaters by addressing #4.

People are not being held accountable for things because "there is not enough proof"? Why are we protecting the accused and shunning the accuser? "In the real world", like it or not, anyone can sue you for anything. The system decides who is telling the truth. If it is not true, provide your HONEST proof and move on. And for the record, HONEST proof is NOT a fake birth certificate.

If the USASF doesn't do anything, I say, skip over the USASF and sue 'em for fraud....people are hiding behind fraudulent birth certificates with the USASF due to the protection of this information with respect to a minor...let them explain to a judge why they are refusing to show an official certified copy.

Why does this continue to happen? Is winning that important that people must cheat?! This reflects horribly on the coach that is doing this. One, it's saying to me that you can't coach and can't train the team you have well enough to have them succeed. Two, it speaks poorly of the program if a parent and/or athlete decides to stay.

Contact the USASF if you have proof. Put your proof in the email whether it be a video or picture.
[email protected]

I don't even belong to a gym and I contacted them a few days ago about an illegal athlete. I got my first response within a few hours. I hope that their excuse for not responding to my second message is because they are handling the situation.

I love that you're doing this. Good Job=)

I love that you're doing this. Good Job=)

Thank you. I don't plan on stopping until something is done. If I don't get a response back by Friday evening then I will contact others within the USASF. I feel that a standard needs to be set that this kind of thing is not allowed and will not be ignored. I don't care if it is a US team or an International team, rules are rules and they are meant to be followed.
I may not be part of a gym so this doesn't impact me but I am a fan of those sport who believes that to grow into something bigger and better things need to be made right. I like to think that since I am not part of a gym it makes me as unbiased as I can be so it proves that I am doing this for the sport and not for myself or any particular gym.

There was a 19 year old on a worlds competing team.

On a senior team? Did this person turn 19 after 31 Aug, 2011? Then he or she was legal. If the person was 19 before 31 Aug 2011, and you have proof, turn the gym in.

[email protected]

You can also email [email protected]. Apparently she also looks into claims of illegal athletes.

Back