All-Star Knowing There Are Illegal Athletes On Your Team

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Contact the USASF if you have proof. Put your proof in the email whether it be a video or picture.
[email protected]

I don't even belong to a gym and I contacted them a few days ago about an illegal athlete. I got my first response within a few hours. I hope that their excuse for not responding to my second message is because they are handling the situation.

Hey everyone. This would be an awesome idea and the USASF could fix it. However, majority of the programs aren't USASF Member gyms, therefore their athletes aren't member athletes. So, there's nothing the USASF can do to stop this unless all of the Event Producers make gym and athlete memebership MANDATORY. That way if anyone has an issue or wanted to call someone out for cheating, the Event Producer could just call the USASF right then and get the athlete's information to make sure they are of age or whatever. I know for a fact USASF is currently in the process of trying to fix this, but unless everyone is on the same page and start demanding the Event Producers to make this happen, then we will continue to have the issue.

Everyone complains about the USASF being money hungry, but to become a member gym, it costs around $150. In a lot of gyms, that's one month of tuition (if not cheaper). And the price for athletes to become members is currently FREE, unless you are going to Worlds. Even, still the price is about $35. I don't understand how that is money hungry. To go a step further, the money that the USASF take in, almost MAJORITY of the money is used to host/put-on Worlds. Worlds isn't a cheap event and on top of that is held at a SUPER EXPENSIVE venue (DISNEY).

Sorry for this being super long, but I hope this help things move into the correct direction.

Hey everyone. This would be an awesome idea and the USASF could fix it. However, majority of the programs aren't USASF Member gyms, therefore their athletes aren't member athletes. So, there's nothing the USASF can do to stop this unless all of the Event Producers make gym and athlete memebership MANDATORY. That way if anyone has an issue or wanted to call someone out for cheating, the Event Producer could just call the USASF right then and get the athlete's information to make sure they are of age or whatever. I know for a fact USASF is currently in the process of trying to fix this, but unless everyone is on the same page and start demanding the Event Producers to make this happen, then we will continue to have the issue.

Everyone complains about the USASF being money hungry, but to become a member gym, it costs around $150. In a lot of gyms, that's one month of tuition (if not cheaper). And the price for athletes to become members is currently FREE, unless you are going to Worlds. Even, still the price is about $35. I don't understand how that is money hungry. To go a step further, the money that the USASF take in, almost MAJORITY of the money is used to host/put-on Worlds. Worlds isn't a cheap event and on top of that is held at a SUPER EXPENSIVE venue (DISNEY).

Sorry for this being super long, but I hope this help things move into the correct direction.

This is very true, but if it happened at Worlds then the USASF has the ability to follow their own rules and disqualify them from that worlds as well as the worlds the following year. They seem to not be able to catch them on their own so people need to stop being scared to speak up if they have solid proof.

Of course I have yet to receive a reply back from the two individuals that I contacted so I am not sure if they are willing to do anything about it. If they don't reply and at least let me know that they are doing something about it I will continue to e-mail and eventually call them.

Okay I am so upset and confused right now: Here is the response I got back from Casey Winn

"Sorry it took so long to get back to you, but I had to find out the answer to your questions. Here is the answer I got back from Steve regarding your email about the athlete.
First of all there is nothing in our rules that prevents a team from getting a bid to Worlds following a disqualification from the previous year Worlds. And, as long as that athlete turns 17 before Dec 31st 2012, she is eligible. "

So are they trying to tell me that on page 16 of the worlds packet isn't correct?:
worlds.jpg

Okay I am so upset and confused right now: Here is the response I got back from Casey Winn

"Sorry it took so long to get back to you, but I had to find out the answer to your questions. Here is the answer I got back from Steve regarding your email about the athlete.
First of all there is nothing in our rules that prevents a team from getting a bid to Worlds following a disqualification from the previous year Worlds. And, as long as that athlete turns 17 before Dec 31st 2012, she is eligible. "

So are they trying to tell me that on page 16 of the worlds packet isn't correct?:
worlds.jpg

So shady. Please tell me you replied with that information.

Yes I just replied with the screenshot as well as letting them know if they do not plan on enforcing that rule then it should be removed from the Worlds Packet so that it does not confuse others.

How can they act as if that is not a rule when it is right there in the Worlds Packet they put together. If they don't plan on following it then the signatures on that page are pretty worthless.

Any faith I had left in the USASF to do the right thing is now gone.

worlds.jpg

Was 3C new this year? If they were DQ'ed last year, the same might not have applied to this year's team :-\

They remove the packets off their website every year. Does anyone have the 2011 Worlds Packet that can see if this is the same?

The only thing that I found online mimicking this is under the FAQ (which are from last year) that say that if a crossover is found then they will be disqualified and not allowed to obtain a bid.

Nevermind I found the 2010 Worlds Packet thanks to the USASF message board and a lovely post by ACEDAD

It was in the 2010 worlds Packet in the exact same wording and format so if it was in the 2010 Packet I would assume it was also in the 2011.
worlds2.jpg

worlds.jpg
And this is why gyms get away with it year after year. I'm telling you, let's microchip them all the second they start allstar cheer. Scan them every time in warmups.

I am planning my next course of action. I am probably going to annoy them, but I can't just sit back and do nothing. I have seen way too many people complain that nothing gets done in regards to cheating so I am not going to just let it slide. A simple "sorry we made a mistake and they shouldn't have been at worlds" is good enough for now. At least then it will prove that they don't have a handle on their own competition.

So they are going to ignore what they have in the Worlds Packet, and International teams will get away with it:
spreply.jpg

Jim Chadwick is next on my email list.

So they are going to ignore what they have in the Worlds Packet, and International teams will get away with it:
spreply.jpg

Jim Chadwick is next on my email list.

"We tend to be more forgiving with International Teams"
Really? I coach an 'international' team. I don't think that we need any special circumstances. Maybe I'm over sensitive, but that feels like such a pat on the head "oh those international teams. We know you guys don't understand our rules" response.

I don't care if you're from North Carolina, Manitoba, Bangladesh, Paris or the moon, rules are rules. Or at least they should be.

Good for you ztaprincess.

Back