All-Star Kony 2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The video has been out for quite some time now and there were already problems. My only issue with people posting the Kony stuff online is it is such a small drop in such a large bucket. Why are we not supporting the organizations who are out there trying to build medical and educational centers for the children being returned from slavery? When they are returned, what happens to them with nothing to fall into? Bringing down Kony and the LRA is much like bringing down Osama. Got rid of the leader but we sure as heck have a long way to go.

That's pretty much how I see it. Throw in the fact that whoever ends up going in there is going to have to go through the children to get to him. It's exactly like you said, he really is a drop in the bucket. I mean, the LRA was formed to fight the government who were also using child soldiers and causing destruction.

And that is why people need to do their research, if people want to support the IC then I am going to let them I am not going to put them down for supporting something when I think that they should be supporting something else because at least they are trying to help, while IC may not be the best non profit they are still doing SOMETHING to help.
Support away. But why did this take so long to catch on? Because Lady Gaga wasnt endorsing it in 2006?

Support away. But why did this take so long to catch on? Because Lady Gaga wasnt endorsing it in 2006?

I honestly dont know what you want me to say, I dont know why more people didnt know about this before. Theres nothing we can really do about that now, the important thing is that people know about it now and while most wont actually do anything some people will do their research and find ways of helping children in central africa whether that be with housing, water, food, education, security or w.e. This thing going viral was definitely worth it even if it only brought one person to action because its one more person than before.

I honestly dont know what you want me to say, I dont know why more people didnt know about this before. Theres nothing we can really do about that now, the important thing is that people know about it now and while most wont actually do anything some people will do their research and find ways of helping children in central africa whether that be with housing, water, food, education, security or w.e. This thing going viral was definitely worth it even if it only brought one person to action because its one more person than before.
It was more of a rhetorical question. :)

Yes really. Invisible Children is a questionable charity, and trying to incite military intervention in an unstable region like Uganda is crazy. It's great that this issue is getting out there, but that video is just ridiculous and could lead to some very serious problems.
well about 37,000,000 people think otherwise soooo

Because three hipsters in San Diego didn't have a video targeted at a specific audience go viral yet!

Who cares who made the video this isnt about SKRILLEX being amazing, or some other meaningless fad. Its about saving lives, which is what people forget.

It was more of a rhetorical question. :)
I figured, that and to rant on even more I think that its absolutely ridiculous that people are making such a big deal about the IC, dont get mad because you were an idiot and didnt do your research. If a stranger approaches me on the street and tells me to give him money because its going to save the world I wouldnt just say ok and hand over my money mindlessly. People have no right to be angry at anyone else besides themselves if they didnt do their research.

Who cares who made the video this isnt about SKRILLEX being amazing, or some other meaningless fad. Its about saving lives, which is what people forget.

Don't get me wrong, I think that all the attention the video is bringing to this horrible situation is great. But I really don't think a non-profit based in CA should be calling for military action/trying to arm militant groups in foreign countries.

Like you said, DO YOUR RESEARCH if you're giving money.

I really think the purpose of spreading this video around is to say, hey this is what's going on in the world. I for one live in a conservative small town. And I'm very ignorant when it comes to issues like this going on in this part of Africa. I've never heard of it and I'm glad that someone is bringing it to light.

There are people out there saying "oh it's a fad and everyone is talking about it because it's the cool thing to do." I for one am glad people are talking about something like this rather than what Snooki's going to name her baby.

I really think the purpose of spreading this video around is to say, hey this is what's going on in the world. I for one live in a conservative small town. And I'm very ignorant when it comes to issues like this going on in this part of Africa. I've never heard of it and I'm glad that someone is bringing it to light.

There are people out there saying "oh it's a fad and everyone is talking about it because it's the cool thing to do." I for one am glad people are talking about something like this rather than what Snooki's going to name her baby.
I mean this with no disrespect, believe me, But people should start checking their campuses, newspapers, blogs, CNN, etc. more often. You can find out about a lot of amazing organizations out there, and many of them linked!

I figured, that and to rant on even more I think that its absolutely ridiculous that people are making such a big deal about the IC, dont get mad because you were an idiot and didnt do your research. If a stranger approaches me on the street and tells me to give him money because its going to save the world I wouldnt just say ok and hand over my money mindlessly. People have no right to be angry at anyone else besides themselves if they didnt do their research.

Im guilty of giving a random person money simply because I thought the idea of being a hippie on a compound was neat.

I mean this with no disrespect, believe me, But people should start checking their campuses, newspapers, blogs, CNN, etc. more often. You can find out about a lot of amazing organizations out there, and many of them linked!

None taken. And you are absolutely right

Im guilty of giving a random person money simply because I thought the idea of being a hippie on a compound was neat.

Ive given homeless people well actually I doubt that they were homeless money before for funny signs, or just for being honest with what they wanted the money for haha.

Back