All-Star Kudos/brag Post!! Add Yours Too!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So, I gotta brag on my kids and this is the only self-serving place to do it. My daughter got pulled onto this team to fill in with one practice before all levels, this is my son's team. He's the taller boy who does the single based stunt right at the beginning. We've seen this happen to other teams, but it's never happened to us before. When it did, this team didn't miss a beat and killed their performance anyway this weekend in Atlanta to the super sick, awesome music track of the crowd screaming 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8!

We we in tears when they put up this performance under these circumstances, but we were in tears again when they won! This team has had some real ups and downs this year. They changed the routine after placing last at cheersport, drilled, drilled, drilled some more and moved some people around and they came back in the end to finish as champs!

If I can brag one more time....

This is my daughter's team. This is the first year any of these kids have competed at level 4. They were all a youth 3 last year. That also means they are a really young junior 4. My daughter is still youth age actually and we even have a few that are mini age. Only two girls age off of this team for next year. Two will likely go to level five since they got fulls within the last few months. But, that being said, this is a young group, this is the first foray into level 4 and they'll continue to stay together (many of these have been together since their mini level 2 days at another program, my daughter included).

In any case....I couldn't be more proud of the Aviator Blackhawks if you paid me! I can't wait to see them next season!

So, I gotta brag on my kids and this is the only self-serving place to do it. My daughter got pulled onto this team to fill in with one practice before all levels, this is my son's team. He's the taller boy who does the single based stunt right at the beginning. We've seen this happen to other teams, but it's never happened to us before. When it did, this team didn't miss a beat and killed their performance anyway this weekend in Atlanta to the super sick, awesome music track of the crowd screaming 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8!

We we in tears when they put up this performance under these circumstances, but we were in tears again when they won! This team has had some real ups and downs this year. They changed the routine after placing last at cheersport, drilled, drilled, drilled some more and moved some people around and they came back in the end to finish as champs!

both teams you posted were great!! but just wanted to say how great it is that your son is doing true coed stunts at such a young age!! they may have removed coed distinction for next season, but by the time he moves up the ranks to level 5 he will be well prepared! can't wait to see what things he'll be throwing by then :)

both teams you posted were great!! but just wanted to say how great it is that your son is doing true coed stunts at such a young age!! they may have removed coed distinction for next season, but by the time he moves up the ranks to level 5 he will be well prepared! can't wait to see what things he'll be throwing by then :)
Thanks so much! He's worked hard, it's only the end of his third year cheering but he LOVES to stunt and tumble. He's 13, he'll be 14 in about a month. But he's also grown about 9-10 inches since he started (he's 5-10 now). He'll still be Junior next year and I think with he, the girl one-manning, and there's another one who can do it as well that all have gotten lv 4 tumbling during the year they're going to make a big ole impression in single based stunting on our jr 4 (the blackhawks). I'm pretty sure that team will go large "co-ed" (even though there isn't one anymore). He's got triple "jumps" to a tuck but his jumps are not level 5 worthy yet. He has time though. I'm looking forward to seeing him...maybe with single based, one leg extended stunts, he might actually get off the back of the mat and we'll get a good picture of him :D

Sorry you all but I am so excited that I had to go back and find this thread and post in it. I'm so sooo happy! After a 2 YEAR mental block with a back handspring, I finally did it on the floor tonight without being scared at all! I did about 20 of them! So excited to break free after this long battle with a mental block.

Sorry you all but I am so excited that I had to go back and find this thread and post in it. I'm so sooo happy! After a 2 YEAR mental block with a back handspring, I finally did it on the floor tonight without being scared at all! I did about 20 of them! So excited to break free after this long battle with a mental block.

I love that you shared that with us! Im very excited for you! Congrats and keep up the good work!

This was Monday night, it's not really any new new skills but several weeks ago she got her RO 2BHS TUCK. Prior to that she really could only do the 1BHS with the tuck. She is really starting to get some power so here is a video from Monday night... Every week she has been working specialty skills through to her tuck but could not do them without a spot on her tuck.
At the end of this video I included the blooper of what happened when he asked her to do a front walkover in the beginning lol she failed!!

(in her defense my daughter said she only failed because her rubber band in her shirt came off causing her shirr to bother her face when tumbling lol.. These are problems she has had to deal with since we moved no more only sports bras at practice lol)

Anyways on Tuesday night (the very next night) that was the night of the awesome tumbling.

He asked her to do the FWO, RO, 2BHS, Tuck and on her first attempt she landed it not perfect, but we were excited she landed it.

He then asked her to do RO, BHS step-out, RO, BHS, tuck and on her first attempt she landed that too.. Barely lol.

I happened to catch both of those on videos as well.. And the laughing came from him being shocked like omg she couldn't do this at all and now she landed all of them.

Also I will say this for anyone who has watched her previous videos y'all may have seen she always took an extra step after her step out and an extra step after her front walkover. You will notice in this video she did neither. They finally broke her of the terrible habit

So here are those 2 skills on video:
May 2, 2012 4:37am | Facebook

Not only did she land those 2 passes for the first time last night on her first try she also did

Punch front (spotted) forward roll BHS TUCK

I think last night was the first time she did not bust 1 tuck her whole time. Some were close like in the video on her first try of that pass but I'm so proud of her improvement. I am so thankful to these coaches for fixing her janky BHS and giving her all these skills in a month.

He started working layouts with her last week and she is beyond excited!

They have a bell on the wall in our gym. When someone gets a new skill, the coach has them go over and ring it. Then everyone in the gym stops what they're doing to watch them throw the new skill again. As a reward, they get a little rubber bracelet. They're color coded per skill, and they have the name of the skill written on them. It's a way to celebrate. It means a lot to the kids.

They have a bell on the wall in our gym. When someone gets a new skill, the coach has them go over and ring it. Then everyone in the gym stops what they're doing to watch them throw the new skill again. As a reward, they get a little rubber bracelet. They're color coded per skill, and they have the name of the skill written on them. It's a way to celebrate. It means a lot to the kids.
My gym has that to! Except for instead of a bracelet you wrote your name on a color coded paw print and hung it on the wall of the parent viewing area :)

Oh my gosh I live to ring the bell.....
Must get a new skill now!!

Back