All-Star Kudos/brag Post!! Add Yours Too!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I took the writing one. Well, it was three years ago but I took it. It was a lot easier than I had expected.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
I took the writing one last time, I've only taken it once.

I mostly ask because it's not required anywhere here (except the honors college at LSU, so I took it trying to keep my options open; I had the score for it, just not the writing) so I have no one to talk to about it. There were 5-6 people in my testing room, none of which were from my school. I wrote the most basic essay ever (introductory paragraph with thesis statement, 3 paragraphs with a different argument in each, one paragraph dispelling arguments against the side I took, closing paragraph, restate thesis. Lol). My only issue was the time allotted; I finished with a minute and a half left and had to rush a lot. How much longer does it take to get your scores? (Obviously the website says something but that's never accurate.) And do y'all know if they look at your English or your "combined English/writing" score for things like placement and getting (clepping? I don't know how to spell it) out of some classes?

I mostly ask because it's not required anywhere here (except the honors college at LSU, so I took it trying to keep my options open; I had the score for it, just not the writing) so I have no one to talk to about it. There were 5-6 people in my testing room, none of which were from my school. I wrote the most basic essay ever (introductory paragraph with thesis statement, 3 paragraphs with a different argument in each, one paragraph dispelling arguments against the side I took, closing paragraph, restate thesis. Lol). My only issue was the time allotted; I finished with a minute and a half left and had to rush a lot. How much longer does it take to get your scores? (Obviously the website says something but that's never accurate.) And do y'all know if they look at your English or your "combined English/writing" score for things like placement and getting (clepping? I don't know how to spell it) out of some classes?

I wrote mine pretty basically too and ended up scoring well. The writing was out of 12 and I got a 9 (I think they said the average was around 6 or 7?). I finished with a decent amount of time left--I write fast and didn't have any problem answering my question-- and used my extra time to go over and fix my awful hand writing. I got my writing score the same time as my other results. I'm pretty sure my school just used the English because they didn't require you to take it (I took if to for another school I was applying to).

Out of curiosity, did y'all take the writing one?

I did! I took it the first time too and didn't do very well. I got an 8 which translates to a 30 so it was lower in comparison to my other scores. I'm bad at writing though. The prompt this time wasn't as dumb as my first one so I'm hoping I did better, since I actually cared about the issue a little more. My composite score from before writing and after didn't change even though my writing score was my lowest score. It probably won't change yours much unless you do exceptionally well or exceptionally poorly. Mine came a few weeks after I got my MC score.

I wrote mine pretty basically too and ended up scoring well. The writing was out of 12 and I got a 9 (I think they said the average was around 6 or 7?). I finished with a decent amount of time left--I write fast and didn't have any problem answering my question-- and used my extra time to go over and fix my awful hand writing. I got my writing score the same time as my other results. I'm pretty sure my school just used the English because they didn't require you to take it (I took if to for another school I was applying to).
Thanks, it's good to know there's a chance most schools won't even look at it!

I did! I took it the first time too and didn't do very well. I got an 8 which translates to a 30 so it was lower in comparison to my other scores. I'm bad at writing though. The prompt this time wasn't as dumb as my first one so I'm hoping I did better, since I actually cared about the issue a little more. My composite score from before writing and after didn't change even though my writing score was my lowest score. It probably won't change yours much unless you do exceptionally well or exceptionally poorly. Mine came a few weeks after I got my MC score.

This is also super helpful. And makes me stress less! I just want to get my scores and not ever think about ACT again. Oh, and both of those scores sound super good to me!

I took my ACT twice with no writing (a long time ago:))

The first time my math score was not even similar to my other scores it was way higher.

The second time my math score dropped like 2 :/ but my others all went up some .. Atleast 2.

Because of this my combined score was the exact same.. I was so annoyed. Even though my scores were overall higher my total score put me in the same bracket. I was upset. Lol they weren't bad and my school accepted them no problem but I was mad I retook it for no reason!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took my ACT twice with no writing (a long time ago:))

The first time my math score was not even similar to my other scores it was way higher.

The second time my math score dropped like 2 :/ but my others all went up some .. Atleast 2.

Because of this my combined score was the exact same.. I was so annoyed. Even though my scores were overall higher my total score put me in the same bracket. I was upset. Lol they weren't bad and my school accepted them no problem but I was mad I retook it for no reason!

I'm really hoping my score goes up and I didn't retake it for no reason! The math seemed harder than I expected this time but was already my lowest score last time so I'm afraid it'll go down... For some reason even though math and science are my best subjects I scored 2 points lower on those than on the English/reading. :confused: I just wish I had my score... Everyone else got theirs and I'm just over here waiting...

My worst score was science. Like I love math but hate science! With reading I messed myself up. I should of read it and took in everything then tried the questions but I looked at the questions and than began reading and I basically omitted everything from my brain that I read if it didn't have to do with the question then I went to answer the questions I was second guessing myself. I'm pretty good at comprehending what I'm reading I should of just read it and not focus just on the questions! Hopefully you get the results soon and your score goes up even more then you expect that would be awesome! Good luck!

^^^science has always been the hardest to me. But this time I actually finished it and had time to look over everything, and felt good about it (knock on wood).
I'm really hoping my score goes up and I didn't retake it for no reason! The math seemed harder than I expected this time but was already my lowest score last time so I'm afraid it'll go down... For some reason even though math and science are my best subjects I scored 2 points lower on those than on the English/reading. :confused: I just wish I had my score... Everyone else got theirs and I'm just over here waiting...

I totally know what you mean about waiting on scores. The math seemed harder to me than in the past, but the English actually did too (still super easy, just not as easy). I hope your score goes up!

My worst score was science. Like I love math but hate science! With reading I messed myself up. I should of read it and took in everything then tried the questions but I looked at the questions and than began reading and I basically omitted everything from my brain that I read if it didn't have to do with the question then I went to answer the questions I was second guessing myself. I'm pretty good at comprehending what I'm reading I should of just read it and not focus just on the questions! Hopefully you get the results soon and your score goes up even more then you expect that would be awesome! Good luck!

So I took both the ACT and SAT and did better on the ACT. My college advisor told me to take a prep course for it to try to raise my score. Long story short I learned in that course that the science section on the ACT is really just reading comprehension, using context clues and reading graphs to analyze data. So even if Science is your thing it may not reflect on this test because it's mostly reading type stuff.

^^^science has always been the hardest to me. But this time I actually finished it and had time to look over everything, and felt good about it (knock on wood).

I totally know what you mean about waiting on scores. The math seemed harder to me than in the past, but the English actually did too (still super easy, just not as easy). I hope your score goes up!

Phew I'm glad I'm not alone thinking that about math! I didn't think the English section seemed that different, but the kind of stuff that's on there is stuff I'm really good at so it's easy for me. I'm an editor for the yearbook so I get tons of practice picking out the best way to word a sentence, the right punctuation, etc. so it very well may have been harder, but it's been over a year since my first time and I've had way more practice :)

I'm so glad my standardized testing days are over after reading this. The GRE was the biggest nightmare of my life.

Since this is the brag thread and I know everyone isn't my friend on Facebook and since were talking about test scores.. I will brag a little! In the state of Texas the kids take the STAAR test for that state test that is issued out to the kids in school toward the end of the year. My daughter got a perfect score in the math portion which is a 1928 after answering all 46 questions right. She is the only one I know of in her school/ this may be a common thing but I was so proud of her!

In the only other subject tested in 3rd grade is Reading she scored in the most advanced group again but I believe she missed like 2 if you miss more then a few it bumps you out of advanced so proud of that as well! I know it's only 3rd grade so it's not all that but I can only hope she keeps it up! I love that she loves school as much as cheer. I'm also happy that she can keep it up with as many absences as she unfortunately had as well. She finished the year with straight A's most all of them being on the highest end of the A spectrum!

I got my ACT scores back! I got a 32! (1 point up from last time, but all I need for presidential scholarships.) I'm a little bummed bc my math was lower than it's ever been (and I actually felt good about it; you were right @cheernerd5678), but y'all I went from a 26 in science to a 32 sub score. I know that's probably not even big but science has been my downfall so many times I'm so stinking excited! (Still embarrassed about my math but whatever... I scored lower than I did when I was a sophomore) And I haven't gotten my writing yet.

Back