All-Star Kudos/brag Post!! Add Yours Too!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm going to have to share this with one of my older Junior athletes. She is not a natural tumbler, either and has low self-esteem. We try to encourage her that with everything, determination and hard work do pay off! Congrats to your daughter!
Congrats it's so hard when they see others who are natural tumblers, it's so easy to give up. My CP who is now 18 and is a senior in high school has never been a natural tumbler. She started All Star Cheer at 9 and didn't even have a forward roll, it's been a long road with injuries and severe mental blocks but she now has a solid standing tuck, jumps to a tuck, a ro/bhs/layout and 2 bhs to layout. I don't know if she will ever get a whip or a full, but proud of her for never giving up!

So, I'm on a senior 2 (all senior are open here lol) and today basically half the team were sick so we played around a little. I've never done an unbraced lib extension. This flyer and I have never stunted together, this is her first year flying and second time doing lib extension. We later realised the backspot held on with her top hand too high so I couldn't power press the stunt up any more. And when we realised we were really tired so we didn't get a better video. But I'm just really proud of all of us. Our next goal, other than hitting this perfect, is half up to extension!

Skickat från min HUAWEI GRA-L09 via Tapatalk

COURTNEY POPE RETWEETED ME Y'ALL
I coach at a gym with a couple other girls that cheered on senior elite, and I was telling them about how four years ago I was at battle at the beach and I saw Courtney Pope in the coaches room and thought it was the coolest thing ever and they just stared at me with a look on their face like "thats not that special..." LOL

My CP also struggles with tumbling. Her old gym was only concerned with team BHS and not if they were done well or correctly. She can't get her BWO for anything. We started taking private lessons at a new gym 6 weeks ago and her tumbling looks 1000% better than the 18 months she spent trying to learn it at the other gym. Even better she's super happy at the new gym even though she's not even on a team yet.

I coach at a gym with a couple other girls that cheered on senior elite, and I was telling them about how four years ago I was at battle at the beach and I saw Courtney Pope in the coaches room and thought it was the coolest thing ever and they just stared at me with a look on their face like "thats not that special..." LOL
LOL! We are such fan girls.

My CP also struggles with tumbling. Her old gym was only concerned with team BHS and not if they were done well or correctly. She can't get her BWO for anything. We started taking private lessons at a new gym 6 weeks ago and her tumbling looks 1000% better than the 18 months she spent trying to learn it at the other gym. Even better she's super happy at the new gym even though she's not even on a team yet.

That's great!!! So maybe this was meant to be...

So happy to read your cp is persevering at her tumbling... Tbh, it seems like some tumbling skills are harder to accomplish after a certain age, even though these skills are level 1, like BWOs... My cp, actually had the BWO, FWO and many of the level 1 skills at a young age of 4 or 5 (I think) but I actually wonder, had she started tumbling later, if she probably had to skip some of those level 1 skills and go straight to level 2 skills...So, she would not get too frustrated...

Tell your cp to keep up the hard work, she definitely get those skills...

PS: I know I mentioned to you that my cp is dancing full time again and for her Winter recital they have her working on an Acro dance number and for the life of her, she is now having trouble performing a valdez (BWO from a sitting position), so it may be an age factor coming into play with some skills...

Last edited:
My son has such a hard time doing any type of tumbling skills. He's been trying to learn a cartwheel & roundoff for almost 2 years . Well ,we ended to taking him to a occupational therapist ( not for that ) & come to find out he's at about a 5 year old level as far as motor skills go . ( he's 9) . He is still going to his tumbling class tho , and his OT says that it is actually helping his bAlance . The last practice they had a handstand contest & he won! I was so proud of him .. The coach even said he had straight legs .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always struggled with my tumbling, and over the past couple of months I've been really frustrated with my full but the other day I did a full into the pit and got all the way around for the first time! I'm so proud of myself for making this baby step! I feel like I might actually be able to get my full for world's!
So happy for you. Mine is struggling with this skill as well. But hoping a new tumbling coach she is working with will make a break thru.

I got my backbend all by myself with no spotters! I could do it by myself but I would always have to have a really light spot because I mentally wouldn't do it without anyone there. I got over my fear:cheering:
I got my backbend kick-over by myself tonight! It took a couple of kicks and moving around in bridge but I got there! Now for consistency, cleanliness and a back walkover!

I also have had my handstand to bridge, then stand up (is there a name for this?) for a while, but I can only stand up off two legs, not one. Does anyone have any tips for this?

This is an awesome video as far as reaction goes.

My best friend was placed as an alternate on our iosc5 team.
He wanted to quit, he thought he would never be one of the 4 guys as there were 3 other boy alternates.

He finally got the opportunity but they needed him to step up his tumbling. So he got his whip tuck a few days after they put him on the team, and the last Monday he got a whip full but then didn't do it for a week because we were off for thanksgiving/ or he didn't have practice.
He did a whip full at practice Monday. And then on Tuesday he got his whip double.
The excitement is so real! I love our coaches. His goal was to get his whip double by worlds. lol I think he exceeded that.

So last weekend cps team had their worst performance ever!!! Then yesterday they won level 5 high point AND a wild card summit bid!!! So excited for them to come from so low to such a high!!! This will be our first summit experience so we are very excited!!!

Back