L2 Stunt Legality.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 26, 2011
If the back spot can reach up and grab the bottom of the foot when the flyer is in an extended lib is it legal - because both feet are technically in the hands of the bases. I have read the rules, and I can't seem to find any verbiage to reflect that weight needs to be born in the foot?

Where do you find backspots that tall or bases/fliers that short lol. Depending on the grip, what I'm envisioning you doing is legal (since a spotter style grip is used to side base most stunts anyway or can be easily modified too)

send a video into usasf, but i think its illegal just because if the backspot grabs the foot its no longer a spotter

what if the back spot has a 'spotter grip' on the flyers supporting leg, and holding the foot on the non weight bearing leg?

Or is that what the initial question was asking?

If they're tall enough to grab the foot, why can't the flyer just cheat the switch a little so they can grab the ankle?

Keep in mind that just because you can do it doesn't mean it would be worth doing it.

Depending what score sheet you are on that could have little to no effect on difficulty. Would just affect your execution.

Sent from my Galaxy S III

Back