Lack Power In My Tumbling

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 27, 2013
Hi, Im on a Junior level 3 team, my first problem is I have a really powerful Roundoff tuck and a roundoff layout. I have a roundoff layout BHS BHS and i want to add a tuck but i have NO power to.
Second problem: I have a 1 standing BHS and its really powerful, i have two with some power, and for my team we have to have 3 standing BHS connected and i have NO power.

Third problem: I have to have atleast a roundoff BHS back tuck and last season I did it probably 25 times, but i kept landing short and hurting my ankles and i felt really scared and uncomfortable doing them because I never went up and i didnt have enough power.

I guess im just not a power tumbler because the more I try to add to my tumbling, the harder it gets. I watch people who get faster and faster and more power as they tumble and i want that! ill do anything!
If anyone has drills or tips to help me gain power while I tumble it would be greatly appreciated. :) thank you so much.

Block through your shoulders more and snap down faster. A good run set up can also add power too! For a drill, take a tall block and put it in front of one of those mini incline trampolines in front of a resi or foam pit ( if you don't have one, a panel mat on a regular trampoline will work) put your hands on the block and do 3 hand stands, on the last one tuck out of it and try and set as high as you can! This will help with your snap down! And take a panel mat and try to handstand block onto it! Hope this helps! Happy tumbling!

Back