OT Laptops

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Mclovin

Cheer Parent
Mar 24, 2010
I need a new laptop. I am really torn on what to get. I like the portability and size and internet access the ipad and/or galaxy tab offer, but I hate their processing speeds. I mainly get on facebook, fierceboard and youtube. That's a majority of my computer usage. But I want my laptop to be fast. I will go insane if it takes forever to load a page. The laptop I have now weighs a ton and I hate taking it on trips for that reason. Anyone have suggestions on good, fast, light weight laptops that don't cost a ton??

i got myself a refurbished macbook pro. the apple site sells refurbished computers for WAY cheaper than if they were brand new. mine is super fast and it's only like 5 pounds.

If that is all you are using it for, the iPad is really fast and very portable. I think of it like a very compact netbook and I tend to pick it up more than my laptop. For just surfing it is very capable and very intuitive. Apple does not use flash, but there are usually workarounds. I have never been an Apple fan, but this it turning me into one.

The Galaxy Tab is more portable, uses android, and has the camera. It probably just preference between those two.

i have a refurbished macbook and i absolutely love it. they dont get viruses and there super fat and lightweight i love it

I'm in love with my MacBook, but if that isn't in the price range you are looking at, you could always get a Netbook. Small, light weight, easy to bring along with you. They are basically made just to go on the internet. No CD or USB ports.

I never understood the whole Mac love. Then I borrowed a friends for a little while and fell in love. Saved and Saved and Saved...and got one. Now i don't know how I lived without it!

How much are refurbished MacBooks? I guess I could look, but this way everyone sees it.

If the price is close I would go with that, but a friend of mine with a MacBook just got an iPad and she is starting to use it all the time unless she needs lots of computing power like word processing or multiple apps. She finds it much more portable.

Refurbished MacBooks are still pretty expensive. Typically $800-900 compared to like $999+ But it also really depends, because sometimes they have some goods ones. You just gotta keep looking at the site to find an awesome deal.

Refurbished MacBooks are still pretty expensive. Typically $800-900 compared to like $999+ But it also really depends, because sometimes they have some goods ones. You just gotta keep looking at the site to find an awesome deal.
and if you are in college (or some high schools), you can get an education discount which makes it that much cheaper
biggrin.png

As much as i would love a macbook, theyre not always in price range. i have the newest version of the sony vaio and i love it. They come in a bunch of bright colors in addition to the standard black or silver and work excellent. Ive had mine about six months and i havent had a problem yet. It is very fast and runs the latest windows software. I have also found it easy to travel with

As much as I love my Macbook pro I loved my HP just as much until I got two viruses and my hard drive crashed but mostly my fault. HP is a good brand so are Acer's and they are fairly affordable

I loooooove my macbook pro. its expensive but you can buy a refurbished one for not too much. The macbook air is really light but its annoying. Its too think for a cd slot so if you want to put a cd/dvd into your laptop you have to use a seperate device.

MacBook Air. <3 Enough Said <3

I'm going to have to say don't go with the Air mainly because it doesn't have a CD rom drive...... And what is a computer without a place to put disks?

I, too, bought my Macbook refurbished and it's just as good as new! I'm actually thinking about saving up for a new one after Worlds this year because my is getting a little beat up from being in my backpack at school constantly.

If you go with a Macbook, go with the titanium (or whatever the material is) one rather than the white one. They're able to withstand a little more roughhousing.

I'm going to have to say don't go with the Air mainly because it doesn't have a CD rom drive...... And what is a computer without a place to put disks?

I, too, bought my Macbook refurbished and it's just as good as new! I'm actually thinking about saving up for a new one after Worlds this year because my is getting a little beat up from being in my backpack at school constantly.

If you go with a Macbook, go with the titanium (or whatever the material is) one rather than the white one. They're able to withstand a little more roughhousing.

for what the OP uses it for, the Air is perfect and its cheaper.
its up the the OP though ah [:
and its aluminum ! [:

Back