Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

SharkDad

Most Positive, Best Parent '12
Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
Dec 15, 2009
I'm hearing from quite a few people who are late receiving uniforms.

I've always felt this would stop happening if parents required their gyms to hold uniform companies accountable for late merchandise like we do for any other expensive service we pay for: if you are late, the customer gets a discount or free merchandise. They can also show their displeasure by not using that uniform company anymore.

This is your money gym owners and parents, what do you think?

SharkDad - does your gym have the uniform companies sign a contract stating what/when a discount would be given....or do you feel like your program has a little more staying power due to the pure size/bulk of what the owners purchase?

We had a design session with our varsity rep at the beginning of August. They told us they needed to get us pricing and a prototype and it would be here in the next 2 weeks. Well 4 weeks later we found oursevles bugging out varsity rep who I believe chooses to not answer when she doesn't have good news for us. A few days later we got an email from someone at varsity explaining one of the women who was in charge of our account got deathly ill and no one but her could handle our account. She apologized but said there was nothing she could do about it. A few weeks after that we finally get pricing which we needed to tweak. We did not receive prototype till October! Almost 2.5 months after we ordered it. We sent it right back, got it ordered and were told they were on rush because of the situation. We have yet to receive anything from varsity (shoes, uniforms, warmups) and we are competing next weekend. Safe to say, I am not happy and neither are the parents. I still do not understand why someone else couldn't take over the account. Someone from cheersport also told me that they have been hearing this from every gym owner they talk to. Varsity needs to get it together, or give some sort of discount. Safe to say we will probably not be using them for the next uniform.

SharkDad - does your gym have the uniform companies sign a contract stating what/when a discount would be given....or do you feel like your program has a little more staying power due to the pure size/bulk of what the owners purchase?

I don't belong to a gym anymore since my daughter cheers in college. I've watched this for 12 years though and saw late uniforms in one team or another in every gym I've been at. The larger gyms were no exception.

People need to pay with American express. They always help out with things like this. I recommend it for every small business owner.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

This drives me crazy! As a parent I feel I have no say really. (To be totally fair, I have no idea if our gym owners are partially to blame.). But I personally would be demanding a discount if something I ordered was late.

The easiest fix for this is to have the gym owners order by August. They drag their feet with the design, payment and making decisions. It's not always the companies fault but the fault of waiting till the last minute and expecting it in october. in actuality if everyone orders in September then everyone will be filtered through the funnel like everyone else. This is why the long production.

People need to pay with American express. They always help out with things like this. I recommend it for every small business owner.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
I don't believe any uniform company asks for 100% of the money up front. A deposit is owed then balance at shipping usually. So it's not like they are holding your money and not giving product.

But would that really eliminate the problem, magical mom? Isn't it, to some extent, like telling everyone who wants to go see Large Senior that 'If they'd just gotten there earlier..' at what point do you say 'We're bending over backwards to get our uniforms in on time and it should NOT be taking this long?!?'

Varsity is typically late and charges the most. I wish there was 1 uniform company that gave amazing customer service and an on time product

The easiest fix for this is to have the gym owners order by August. They drag their feet with the design, payment and making decisions. It's not always the companies fault but the fault of waiting till the last minute and expecting it in october. in actuality if everyone orders in September then everyone will be filtered through the funnel like everyone else. This is why the long production.
So are you trying to say when a uniform company tells you let's say 10 weeks, and it doesn't come in 10 weeks it's the gym's fault?
So let's say you ordered some furniture for your house and, again you should get it in 10 weeks, but it comes in late at 25 weeks. Now I really hope you aren't going to say its your fault...

I wish this were true. In fact I think it's fair to get a uniform later if you order it later. The problems I am speaking about is when the uniform company promises it on a certain date and doesn't deliver on time from their own estimate.

Edited to add: sorry, didn't mean to repost the same as @Cheer4lifex we just happen to be thinking the same thing I guess. Kinda looks like we're beating up on you.

We are having a problem with GK...we were given a 6-9 week production time, we will not be receiving our uniforms closer to 12-13 weeks, GK blamed the Rep, saying they should not have given us that date :/ and could pretty much care less that we are not happy....to me that the invoice they sent with uniform price, style, color etc., production time was a contract, we paid the required amount to start production (promptly) and now they have changed our ship date twice, I would never say "hey I know I agreed to pay $325 for that uniform, but now I think I only want to pay $250". Our parents are upset, the kids just want the uniforms, we are moving competitions around...its a mess! If they had told us 12 week production time we may have went elsewhere,(or at least be prepared for not having the uniforms till mid-December) we were in discussions, designs with a few companies, but the price and delivery date from GK seemed fair and fit our budget and timeline. But now whats our option?...sit and wait and wait and wait.

Back