High School Legality Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 4, 2011
I figured it would be seen more here and the question would probably be answered quicker.
This video was posted on tumblr:

The back tuck tosses and the two kind of 2-2-1 stunts are illegal, right? I just want to double check this.
And my real question is, are they illegal no matter the setting (competition, game, performance, etc.)? People on tumblr and in the YouTube comments say that since it's not a competition, rules don't apply. I realize the rules may have changed since 2010 as well, but I'm just curious!

NO. Rules apply everywhere - practices, games, competition, your backyard, etc. The HS team in my hometown is horrible and does 2-2-1 split pyramids and it makes my heart stop. These coaches need to get educated.

(Disclaimer: I didn't watch the video, just read your writing about the skills performed.)

Thank you, that's what I was thinking! And yes, I guess that a 2-2-1 split would be the best name for it. They also did a 2-2-1 where there were 2 flyers in presses bent over to flat back and a third flyer stood on their backs.

Thank you, that's what I was thinking! And yes, I guess that a 2-2-1 split would be the best name for it. They also did a 2-2-1 where there were 2 flyers in presses bent over to flat back and a third flyer stood on their backs.

That's called table tops :)

Does anyone know what school this is?

its funny that in 2010 those flipping pyramids were illegal, and now they're legal in 2012 and the video is just now getting noticed lol

Back