All-Star Legitimate Competition Expense Concern

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Basically my concern is not so much the cost of the competitions, while I dont agree entirely that the prices are really justified. My concern is why rec and school teams receive the same quality competition, the same awards and the same facility for SUBSTANTIALLY less.

I agree.
If I go to a buffet and they charge me $20 and my kid is charged $10 it's probably because they aren't going to eat as much. But if the Rec teams are getting the same exact thing. Spring floor...same give aways...same judging panel...why shouldn't they pay the same price? Just because they don't collect competition fees and can't afford it?

Well my gym is in a very depressed area. So much so that the government does not even charge full taxes.
I really can't afford it either and would like to pay the same price as the rec divisions...please and thank you

I agree.
If I go to a buffet and they charge me $20 and my kid is charged $10 it's probably because they aren't going to eat as much. But if the Rec teams are getting the same exact thing. Spring floor...same give aways...same judging panel...why shouldn't they pay the same price? Just because they don't collect competition fees and can't afford it?

Well my gym is in a very depressed area. So much so that the government does not even charge full taxes.
I really can't afford it either and would like to pay the same price as the rec divisions...please and thank you

agreed.

Having run events for many years, I can tell you that in no circumstance has the event producer ever made any money of the sales of food at the events. I've never heard of any EP who has made money off of event parking, food sales at an event. Many of you would be fairly suprised to see just how high the expenses are to run most of these events. These companies have year long expenses for their offices, staff pay, etc and their only income is at those events.

I do agree with ACEDAD that the cosumer has the choice in the Free Market Economy. If an EP is charging too high of prices, then the consumer will speak and stop attending. If the numbers go down, then maybe they will lower prices or they will go out of business.

Wow! I've never realized that, since I'm only 11 and my mom pays for that stuff. There has been multiple girls on my team having to quit because of the cost. And to see that part of the reason they're quitting is because those idiots EP's are charging so much for us to compete is actually pretty sad..

Basically my concern is not so much the cost of the competitions, while I dont agree entirely that the prices are really justified. My concern is why rec and school teams receive the same quality competition, the same awards and the same facility for SUBSTANTIALLY less. I know that my parents work very hard to afford for their children to do All Star Cheerleading. I dont think they appreciate paying so much more because their child is an all star. Its just not right.
The real question is - is it really the same quality of competition? I live in a pretty heavily populated cheer area with large competitions every couple of weeks or so. As a school coach I've taken teams to all sorts of competitions with different brands and companies. While yes we are technically at the same venue, in the same practice room, using the same judges, etc is it really the same quality of competition? I personally don't feel it is. Often times school divisions are thrown at the beginning or end of the day. As a coach many times I've felt like the EP's or judges overlook and could actually care less about school teams since we are not their target customers. Since they do have a problem getting school teams in there are usually 1 - 5 teams max at local comps. Most allstar divisions locally have around 10 or more. I wouldn't call paying $50 per girl to go against 1 to 2 teams at a competition we're barely even paid attention to quality. Especially when we can compete for $20 a girl and go against 15 teams at a competition geared towards schools. I guess the grass is always greener though.

As I stated earlier I do think the allstar prices are high, but I don't think its unfair that the school prices are cheaper. Switching it up a little - what if it were reversed. What if allstar teams could compete at school competitions for much cheaper or free. As a school coach I would be ok with that because to attend that competition they are having to deal with many unnecessary changes and hassles to go to that competition- hard floor, different score sheets, and complete different rules which would mean routine adjustment. What allstar coach would choose to go there, even if they paid them to come they wouldn't because its not worth it to change everything to be able to compete at one cheap competition.

I disagree with paying more and getting more competition. There were so many divisions with under three teams competing. Look at USA Nationals most divisions bought their national championships!

B...Bu...But, what if I want a $9 hot dog? :oops:

Maybe you could do jobs around the house and pay for it?

Wow! I've never realized that, since I'm only 11 and my mom pays for that stuff. There has been multiple girls on my team having to quit because of the cost. And to see that part of the reason they're quitting is because those idiots EP's are charging so much for us to compete is actually pretty sad..

Doesn't this forum require the poster to be 13?

But nice use of the strikeout font for an 11 year old!

:cool:

Maybe you could do jobs around the house and pay for it?

Doesn't this forum require the poster to be 13?

But nice use of the strikeout font for an 11 year old!

:cool:
Haha, it's my Mom's account, but I post on it most of the time. :cool:

I could be wrong but dosent school teams only compete one day at like Jamfest, thats why its cheaper?
Not according to their website, and not for the competition i am referencing, although i am sure the possibility exists.

Not according to their website, and not for the competition i am referencing, although i am sure the possibility exists.

Gotcha! I wasn't sure cause I know at some Competitions (like Spirit Cheer in Hrtfd.) they only compete one day .. The expenses are ridiculous for some competitions. If h.s and a.s teams are getting the same thing (two days of competition, the lights, the arena etyc.) then there is NO reason why they shouldn't pay the same.. I feel as if Jamfest raises there competitor prices because its free for everyone else to get in. This way your unknowingly paying for everyone to get in lol .. However I love Jambrand events and think that you get exactly what you pay for!!

Back