All-Star Legitimate Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 28, 2011
Okay so I have a growing pet peeve. I see a lot of gyms, mostly smaller gyms, advertising national wins on their websites/facebooks etc. Most likely trying to impress potential new athletes and their families and get them to join. However, a lot of these national championships were won at nationals that I would barely even consider a nationals. I'm talking about the national competitions were their is no qualifier and hardly ever more than 5 teams in each division. So my question is, which national competition do you consider the top 5 to 10 (if you feel 10 should be on the list) most prestigious national competitions?

I think beyond those top four the all-levels come relatively close only because they have online champions. So potentially you can compete against no one at the LA competition and will over all.. But wheres the fun in that..

I just checked the websites of 4 of the largest gyms in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and they all list their national titles which includes some of the smaller "nationals" like Spirit Celebration, ACA, Cheer Power, and Cheer America to name a few. We are a small gym that puts our accomplishments on our website and Facebook page but it's because we also happen to win High Point or Grand Champion at these national events... so yeah we are proud of our accomplishments and have every right to be. I do have a pet peeve when a gym lists themselves as a national champ but when you look at the results you find out that there was only 2 teams in their division.. including themselves!! :D

I just checked the websites of 4 of the largest gyms in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and they all list their national titles which includes some of the smaller "nationals" like Spirit Celebration, ACA, Cheer Power, and Cheer America to name a few. We are a small gym that puts our accomplishments on our website and Facebook page but it's because we also happen to win High Point or Grand Champion at these national events... so yeah we are proud of our accomplishments and have every right to be. I do have a pet peeve when a gym lists themselves as a national champ but when you look at the results you find out that there was only 2 teams in their division.. including themselves!! :D

I'm not saying that winning a smaller national title shouldn't be celebrated by a team or listed as an accomplishment at all! All i'm saying is I hate when a gym posts something like "come join a gym with 5 national championship teams!" but their titles were all won at these small national competitions. I think it can be a little misleading. And I completely agree! I see a gym post a new national title and go look at the competition results and see that they had one team as competition. It's just not the same as winning a uca, nca, or cheersport type deal. I don't think a lot of these other national competitions should really be allowed to call themselves a "nationals".

I would say some more of the becasue my team that just got back from myrtle beach want again 10 teams that's a lot i think and same with some glcc comps we went against about 7 teams....

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?5n1ihl

Yes but my problem with it is, if you really want to compete against the best of the best teams in your division in the nation, I wouldn't go to those competitions. If those are the only national competitions you plan on going to.

I'm curious to know if anyone has the participation numbers for all of the "national" championships. We all know that NCA is the largest with over 850 teams but what about the others? I know DCC Nationals (Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders partnered with Spirit Celebration) had over 350 teams participating. Anybody have the numbers for the others?

This is a really stupid thread! Obviously smaller gyms need a way to grow and will do it anyway they can. Thats like saying a gym with 5 locations that has only won worlds once cant call themselves World Champions... You are just being snobby, BYE.
I'm not sure how anything I said is anything like saying a team who won worlds can't say they are world champions.. Worlds is the highest competition you can go to, you have to earn your spot there and beat the best of the best. Not the same as going to a small nationals. And I think you missed the point of the thread, this isn't supposed to put down small teams trying to build themselves. And if they were really trying to build themselves they would go to a bigger competition, especially if they are travelling far and paying high expenses to get to these small competitions anyway.

Back