All-Star Legitimate Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My beef isn't with the athletes who celebrate their accomplishments. They absolutely should
! It's with the gym owners who spout off about how they are the bomb because they've won all of these national titles. It seems deceptive to me. *shrug*

My beef isn't with the athletes who celebrate their accomplishments. They absolutely should
! It's with the gym owners who spout off about how they are the bomb because they've won all of these national titles. It seems deceptive to me. *shrug*
But some gyms are proud of any title, especially if they are small and have the desire to grow.

Multiple national championships has been around in all stars forever. It's nothing new so I've resigned myself to just enjoying the competitions no matter what they may be labeled. What I wonder is why do people have such a problem with teams celebrating their wins? No matter what the title is, if a team has worked hard and had to defeat other teams to earn it, who are we to tear them down and stomp on their win? It's like the ugly step sisters in Cinderella. Rip apart these teams all you want I guess, as for me, I will congratulate anyone on a win no matter what the title may be. Celebrate, don't hate.

I don't think anyone was trying to tear a team down or stomp on a win. The problem most were complaining about are the wins of teams that DON'T have compete against anyone and then actually celebrate and advertise it to others. I can tell you that you have probably never been in the position of having to sit back and watch some of these antics unfold in front of you. It looks like a total scam. I can understand the one poster who stated how a team in town was demanding the coverage for the competition down the block to equal a cheersport national win. As I have stated before, you CAN have a win that is personally gratifiying and huge to your team. There is nothing wrong with being happy about it and celebrating! I'd be first in line to say congrats and great job!

Let's put it this way, if your kid does gymnastics at they local Y and she competes novice at the local meet and went against no one but had a great day. Should they get the same press coverage as a kid in town that just won the silver in the Olympics? It has nothing to do with hating on anyone or feeling superior to anyone. If we want to simply even the playing field we should just forget about having judges and let all kids just go out there and give them all a big trophy when they come off the floor.

addicted2cheer said:
I don't think anyone was trying to tear a team down or stomp on a win. The problem most were complaining about are the wins of teams that DON'T have compete against anyone and then actually celebrate and advertise it to others. I can tell you that you have probably never been in the position of having to sit back and watch some of these antics unfold in front of you. It looks like a total scam. I can understand the one poster who stated how a team in town was demanding the coverage for the competition down the block to equal a cheersport national win. As I have stated before, you CAN have a win that is personally gratifiying and huge to your team. There is nothing wrong with being happy about it and celebrating! I'd be first in line to say congrats and great job!

Let's put it this way, if your kid does gymnastics at they local Y and she competes novice at the local meet and went against no one but had a great day. Should they get the same press coverage as a kid in town that just won the silver in the Olympics? It has nothing to do with hating on anyone or feeling superior to anyone. If we want to simply even the playing field we should just forget about having judges and let all kids just go out there and give them all a big trophy when they come off the floor.

I never said we should even the playing field either. And I also agree that competing against no one isn't a win. What is being argued is that the small national championships don't count as legitimate wins. What I want to know is why? We legitimately worked our a$$es off to win WSA Grand nationals in New Orleans this year. And we went against some very legit teams. So is WSA Grand Nationals not legit bc everyone in America doesn't attend or follow the results or care?

If people have a problem with the title of national champion being handed out left and right then I encourage them to contact the EP's and urge them to change the title of their competitions.

this makes me upset, I coached a team this year that had 2 out of 18 who had cheered before and they went to Battle at the beach and won 1st out of 2. I could have cared less if they beat 1 team or 20 teams I was so proud of them and they were proud of themselves. Why take away from that title because it wasn't won at cheersport or nca.

Back