Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

SharkDad

Most Positive, Best Parent '12
Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
Dec 15, 2009
There will be lots of tweeters and people discussion the videos of routines. No doubt many people will immediately start emotional reactions to how a team did, who should win and why so I hope some discussion now will get people used to "talking the same language" and maybe ven understanding each other.

Here are a few concepts that always get argued:

"they looked great/cool" is not a section on the scoresheet. Overall impression affects every area, but the items that get scored in every section are Difficulty and Execution. Low level skills that "look great". Won't necessarily score well and win.

"they hit and the other team dropped so they will definitely place higher" is not how the scoresheets work either. Judges score like I said above and it is easily possible that a team can have higher difficulty and execution in all areas enough that they can drop and still outscore another team that hits all their lower level skills clean. Teams can even win this way. You have to compare the Difficulty AND Execution in order to properly (and objectively) compare teams.

" they have more doubles or have more stunt so they should score higher" There are no points in the scoresheet for hitting 6 stunts vs 5 in small or 7 vs 9 in large. What is rewarded in the scoresheet is stunt groups with fewer bases and again-Difficulty and Execution. So a team may hit 6 stunts to look cooler, but they are lower skill, so it doesn't give them more credit.

That's just a couple. Download the scoresheets and see what gets scored. I am sure Synchronization will have an effect this year since it has it's own score now. Please discuss.

Latest posts

Back