All-Star Let's Discuss Worlds Scoring

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This was completely expected.
Honestly this is the first time I really looked over the scores, because day 2 had so many issues I wanted to know How bad the score dropped. When It was higher day 2 I was all sorts of confused that's why I asked you all. Now it makes much more sense :) Thanks to you brilliant people

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

If you watch the scoring video, it says that day 2 scores may be higher because judges know what to expect and have seen most of the routines, so they generally know what's coming, but would still leave room for cushion at the top of the scoring range.

Thank you for helping me understand this. I hate being confused LOL

Second, I have had the case made that order is more important than the scores. If they get the order right, then the scores don't matter as much. I think that is a HUGE part of the problem. Look at this data. Judges should never worry about personally trying to get the placement right. A judge should be focussed on their individual section and the winner is a product of the scores, not the scores a product of the winner.
Then perhaps this needs to be looked at more closely; is there a better way to determine the order than merely the luck of the draw? It seems crazy that a team that has scored high all season, consistently won competitions and earned grand champions, and attends Worlds on a full paid bid should be at the mercy of a ping pong ball.

That's exactly what I mean!

If this stuff is real, I would suggest the most important factor would be to limit the judging exposure to the fewest teams possible to allow the routines to be fresh in the memory of the judge

Maybe they could do heats, like in track or swimming. If you have 65 teams, do 8 heats of 8 (or 7 or 8 teams and 1 of 9 teams), top two team from each heat goes on, and then a few additional teams that had the highest scores out of the remaining team.

Back