All-Star Let's Discuss Worlds Scoring

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Except for MAYBE large coed, where the majority of teams are making it through anyway..but besides those two divisions, how often do you even GET the chance to used a plan B or C?

I would say people's different versions of plan b or c are different. I have adjusted things from the warmup mat to the competition floor before.

The 2013 CheerleadingWorlds Deductions
http://usasf.net.ismmedia.com/ISM2//Worlds/2013/Docs/Worlds_2013_Cheer_Deductions-Explanation.pdf

First section "Stunt Bobbles/Athlete Bobbles" - second item listed "Incomplete twisting cradles"

Edit: Wow - just looked again, that was a very close division between first and second! That one little deduction was more than the difference.

The issue is it was not in a twisting cradle it was in running tumbling.. in a double full

I saw it, and it was not a diduction that was NOT used through out the weekend to all teams. It would have made the difference in many divisions had it been
Idk about other teams, but I'm pretty sure F5 got 3 points in deductions for 2 under rotated double fulls in finals that would have put them in 3rd without them.

does anyone have the at large round for small senior or small coed? I need the deductions for each team. Want to calculate the scores without deductions

I have always wondered how the scoring would change if cheer comps were like dance comps where you wouldn't know the name of the team or gym until awards. The unis would have no team or gym designation on them and would only be identified by a number and division level.
This is my husband's idea too. He calls it the "no name" competition. You can't wear anything but black shorts and a white t shirt. No fans/coaches can wear any clothing with team names on them. I have always had a very strong belief that names do matter in scoring.

I would say people's different versions of plan b or c are different. I have adjusted things from the warmup mat to the competition floor before.
I mean, I'm sure there are little adjustments made, things that are hit differently etc. But as for a full routine adjustment (changing things around, adding stuff in, etc), most times you're concerned with just MAKING finals, never mind throwing new stuff in.

I saw it, and it was not a diduction that was NOT used through out the weekend to all teams. It would have made the difference in many divisions had it been
Idk about other teams, but I'm pretty sure F5 got 3 points in deductions for 2 under rotated double fulls in finals that would have put them in 3rd without them.

That was my understanding as well that F5 had 2 under rotated doubles resulting in 3 pts during finals. I don't doubt that it is the type of deduction that wasn't across the board, consistency is certainly an issue. My only point is that is was indeed a valid deduction.

I was also not aware that they were doing extended video reviews at worlds, certainly they didn't do that for all teams (or did they?) and what was the driving factor when they did. I like the idea of using video replay to count skills and deductions, but its not fair if it is not applied uniformly.

This is my husband's idea too. He calls it the "no name" competition. You can't wear anything but black shorts and a white t shirt. No fans/coaches can wear any clothing with team names on them. I have always had a very strong belief that names do matter in scoring.

I think there's some credence to that idea. I contend a big name gym received a score higher than maybe they served in semi-finals this year to go to day two. I reviewed the video and documented this; 1 SB, 1 SF, 1 major bobble/stunt never went up, 1 bad TB, 1 OOB, 1 RTO (RO BHS BT), and 1 minor pyr bobble. Scorecard showed 20.50 in penalties and since I don't know how they count penalties at worlds its hard to say if that's correct so you can argue that all day long. My concern is, if this was not a big name gym then would the judges have scored them as high in the other categories? I'd bet money they wouldn't have. (that's all....rant over)

While not nearly as dramatic, I've changed lots of things in warmups for almost every 2 day comp for my Bows & Arrows team.

While not nearly as dramatic, I've changed lots of things in warmups for almost every 2 day comp for my Bows & Arrows team.

who are they? I don't know all of the individual team names for ACE, but you said "not nearly as dramatic" so I'm guessing they're not a level 5 team?

This thread is facinating and looks like somethings need adjustments...if you are scheduled to perform first in your division you might as well not even show up. Has ANY team going first made it thru?
On another scoring/placement question has CSP forced others to adopt her strategy?...come to worlds with a plan B after day one scores and palcements are announced. This is the second year in a row she has successfully made adjustments based on day one scores and come out on top.

I think she always has a plan "b' or "c" for everything, lol

Their plan B, from what I know, was a different stunt. This stunt was practiced before worlds and was ready to go. The music was Plan never thought of...but thankfully for them, JR was able to do it on the fly.

I think it was more than the music. I think a switch up in the stunting (not adding a new stunt, but rearranging some things), a change in some tumbling, and of course the new pyramid music were added on day 2.

Back