High School Lets Talk Fundraising!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The Applebees pancake breakfast fundraiser is awesome. Applebees cooks all the food, however the girls act as waitresses and hostesses and bring out everything for the customers that come in. Because Applebees isn't normally open for breakfast ANY CUSTOMER that comes in automatically donates a percentage to your organization. Applebees also provides a pre-made flier, and you can just plug in your organizations info and pass it around.

Additionally, there are basic fundraising/selling merchandise programs that are super easy and can be done throughout the season to gain funds.

Fundraising | Team Cheer

A lot of the items you can sell have up to a 90% profit for the girls. It's super easy for parents to bring the order sheets or items into their offices etc. to sell.

In my high school, we were also allowed to have bake sales at school every Friday afternoon. The Senior students would go set up during the last period of the day. Those were always a big hit among students and made between $50-$100 every time (I came from a very large high school).

We do Applebee's pancake breakfast too and it's great!! Super easy. Were are going to sell Yankee candles this year as well. $10.00 profit on each large candle (25.00) not bad! I figure offer the team as many fundraising opportunities as possible for those who need it. Those who would rather just pay out of pocket can opt out! We have a few like Applebee's where participation is mandatory since it goes towards our team fund, but most are optional.

The high school I went to and coach at is very close to one of the town's busiest intersections, so we would hold a carwash just off school property and have girls at the intersection advertising it. We also did "tuck for a buck" and "flip for a tip", which always caught the attention of the cars stopped at the light. There is a patch of grass in the intersection, so we weren't throwing back tucks on concrete. In 4 hours, we could make up to about $400, not including what was being donated at the carwash.

I have also heard of holding a clinic for the younger girls who are interested in football cheerleading. You have a long practice on Saturday to teach everything, have them practice with the high schoolers during the week, and let them cheer for 2 quarters during Friday night's game. It's a great way to get the younger girls involved, and if you charge $25 a kid and throw in a t shirt, you're bound to bring in some money.

I coach for a local middle school in my town. This season we will hopefully be doing a Zumba-Thon. A flat rate fee to come in the door and we will sell drinks and snacks. I also thought about having the girls get donations- $1.00 equals 1 min that they have to zumba. I might have some vendors set up for some retail shopping after- Charge a fee for them to rent space and donate a raffle item then sell tickets for the raffle. We will host a dance at the school and we will get the ticket prices. We also get 2 basketball games, where our parents work the concession stand and we get the profit. Also looking into "spirit nights" at local restaurants.

My orchestra sold pasta this year. They were shaped in cool/cute things such as baseball hats or bunnies, it was cute and a lot of people bought it! I don't know how much we made overall but certainly a lot!

Butter braids are a great way to sell money! My schools orchestra was raising money to get to Washington, D.C. For a competition and we raised quite a bit with butter braids!
Our middle school has had lots of success with this also. We are too small to repeat too many sales though.

We do butter braids. It's an ok sale for us, but not something that makes that big of a difference. Our biggest fundraiser where we sell something is Little Ceasars Pizza Kits. They taste great and you get a lot of product for the money.

One new fundraiser for us is hosting a tailgate party before a football game with hot dogs and chili.

The school I coach at has had good success (except this year) with fundraising. We've done the Fundraiser cards you can buy thru Omni and Team Cheer (made $900 and only had 8 cheerleaders), Scentsy (made over $1500 with only 7 cheerleaders), Ticket Raffle (Raffled off awesome Cardinals baseball tickets and made $975), and we hold a cheer clinic every year which usually nets us $300-$400 after cost of shirts/snacks/crafts. This year I am doing away with matching shirts as it's created too much parent drama the last two years and instead am thinking of getting the pom poms for them and megaphones for the boys (usually have 5-6 want to do it) this will increase our profit and hopefully less drama.

We didn't get to do it this year but other sport teams at our school have cleaned barns/stalls at the State Fair and in 4 hours of work they make $2000 easily.

I came up with the idea for us to sell seat cushions this year! We went around to local businesses & sold ads to put on the back, the ads paid for the seat cushions (with extra left over) and now everything we get from selling the actual cushions is extra

Back