All-Star Level 1 Mini Tic-toc

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I know i don't care - if they can hit their routine ... Whatever the gym thinks will work. Non of my business :)

I was just confused that when looking at other level 1 mini teams... No one was really doing it... And while it seems hard to me... Maybe it is actually just too easy and that's why others don't do it.

Like I said - this is our first season and I just like to "know" things :) and I am surely not going to ask her coach why he puts so many tic-tocs in there when no one else does it (I am not one of those people!)...

I don't think it's too easy! I think it's pretty hard. Seems like your daughter's team has a great routine. I'm the same as you, I want to know things and understand.

I get that---I did a lot of learning for my CP's first year. I wouldn't necessarily say it's too easy or too hard or too boring, a lot just depends on the other elements in the routine and the best way for that routine to hit the scoresheet. For example, a difficult elite stunt with a simple pyramid, subpar tumbling, and an amazing dance may not win against a team who is average in all aspects of their routine and vice versa. That is kinda what makes AS cheer fun; there are multiple options to achieving the win and sometimes it just comes down to creativity and innovation, when all other things are equal.

Since you mentioned scoring - from what I have been able to gather... UCA now uses the same s looting sheet as Cheersport and that other one (lol) right? Since it's the same scoring sheet - is the same amount of points to be expected if performed (hit) the same way?

Sorry for the dumb questions... I really like to know, In detail? What allstars cheering is about and looking on varsity.com and the websites of the competition holders only shows so much... The other moms at the gym don't know much detailed info so... I need some help ;)

Since you mentioned scoring - from what I have been able to gather... UCA now uses the same s looting sheet as Cheersport and that other one (lol) right? Since it's the same scoring sheet - is the same amount of points to be expected if performed (hit) the same way?

Sorry for the dumb questions... I really like to know, In detail? What allstars cheering is about and looking on varsity.com and the websites of the competition holders only shows so much... The other moms at the gym don't know much detailed info so... I need some help ;)

Universal scoring sheets does indicate that it should be around the same scoring, but since it's the first year of those score sheets being used, it's not a guarantee. Judging in cheerleading is ultimately very subjective, but let me tag in our resident expert and perhaps she can shine some light on what you can expect for the future comps @SarahS.

Universal scoring sheets does indicate that it should be around the same scoring, but since it's the first year of those score sheets being used, it's not a guarantee. Judging in cheerleading is ultimately very subjective, but let me tag in our resident expert and perhaps she can shine some light on what you can expect for the future comps @SarahS.

Thank you :)

I have also heard in and around our gym that cheersport scores badly/unfairly and that they seem fishy... Found the same statements on here... So I am anxious for the next comp which is a cheersport event :/

Thank you :)

I have also heard in and around our gym that cheersport scores badly/unfairly and that they seem fishy... Found the same statements on here... So I am anxious for the next comp which is a cheersport event :/

If that were truly the case, no one would go. I'm sure there is a questionable thing here or there, but I wouldn't say it's an unfair competition.

If that were truly the case, no one would go. I'm sure there is a questionable thing here or there, but I wouldn't say it's an unfair competition.

True... Guess I'll find out soon enough... Not that I really know anything to base anything off of...

Let me just clarify that anything I say here is a completely unofficial opinion. I appreciate the tag but I'm not an expert [emoji23]

That being said, I have a few completely unofficial words about this. Judges don't know ahead of time what you scored at the last competition. They only have their experience to base scores on. It would be fair to assume that scores should be within the same ranges (below/low/mid/high) as long as the routines are performed exactly the same.

Completely and totally hypothetical example to follow that may or may not match your experience exactly because the situation I'm describing may not match your situation exactly: Maybe last week your team had no falls and did four level appropriate stunt skills, one of them being an elite skill with full team (as defined on the score sheets). So you should have scored in the high range for stunt difficulty and scored a 5.0 on stunt quantity. This week, let's say two stunts during your elite stunt skill fell before hitting the elite skill, making it so that only "majority" of the team performed that skill. That would drop you from four stunt skills performed by "most" to three, meaning your stunt difficulty would be now in the mid range, and your stunt quantity score would be 4.6. These score drops would be IN ADDITION to building fall deductions, because judges can't count skills that you intended to perform. This is just the more "objective" part of the scoresheet, mind you, so it is really hard to say that scores should be the same from week to week.

Again, the above is in no way official at all. Just a fellow cheer fan passing on the nerdy cheer scoring love [emoji23][emoji106]

Thank you @SarahS. I understand the differences with bobbles and falls etc (I highly doubt everyone always performs then same so I don't expect that exact score... I really just worry about things that I totally can't change nor have influence over gahaha

Looking at the even scores from last years competition other teams only scored I. The high 80's. No one in the 90's at all so that lead me to wonder if either they score different or if no one performed "good" enough to get above 90 scores... Then I got confused because... While I believe our routine is solid and good... I do NOT believe we are that many points different.... Aaaaaahhhhhhhhgghgg.... I. Can go in circles about this all day...

I will find out soon enough lol

Thank you @SarahS. I understand the differences with bobbles and falls etc (I highly doubt everyone always performs then same so I don't expect that exact score... I really just worry about things that I totally can't change nor have influence over gahaha

Looking at the even scores from last years competition other teams only scored I. The high 80's. No one in the 90's at all so that lead me to wonder if either they score different or if no one performed "good" enough to get above 90 scores... Then I got confused because... While I believe our routine is solid and good... I do NOT believe we are that many points different.... Aaaaaahhhhhhhhgghgg.... I. Can go in circles about this all day...

From one mama to another, my biggest suggestion is to just walk away from that whole mess and breathe. I know what it's like to want to know every single detail about every single aspect, but the truth is (and something you'll find out for yourself whether you take my advice or not) it doesn't matter because there is nothing you can do differently beyond supporting your child. Some parents find this inner peace sooner than others, some have flare up now and again, but for now I'd sit back and just enjoy it---as long as your CP is happy and you trust the gym you're with, that is all that matters.

If I recall correctly the highest score you can get in level 1 is a 90. So some competitions post actual score (ie 88) and some publish percentage of perfection (using example of 88 would be 97.7). Also the score sheets have changed from last year so comparing scores from last year to this year is not an apples to apples comparison.

If you scored above 90 in level 1, the published your percent perfection, not your raw score, so that it would be comparative to other levels. You also have to consider that, for good or ill, comparative scoring within a range happens. A really amazing team going first in a division this week might score a little lower than they did last week when they went last. The judges sometimes leave themselves "room" to score a better team higher.

From one mama to another, my biggest suggestion is to just walk away from that whole mess and breathe. I know what it's like to want to know every single detail about every single aspect, but the truth is (and something you'll find out for yourself whether you take my advice or not) it doesn't matter because there is nothing you can do differently beyond supporting your child. Some parents find this inner peace sooner than others, some have flare up now and again, but for now I'd sit back and just enjoy it---as long as your CP is happy and you trust the gym you're with, that is all that matters.

I know that you are right!! But just to clarify... In don't put this on my baby or on her gym. This is all, 100% me for myself... I know I will eventually let go a bit but I like to understand things (especially things that matter to my daughter and that we put so much money into)... I'll tell you in April if I changed

Back