All-Star Level 2 Help

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Honestly this is way too vague to be helpful. What are your numbers, what is the team already doing, what have your judges comments been up until this point? What range are you scoring in for each element?

I realize you've said that you can't post videos, but maybe get into the Coaches forum and post them there (can't be seen publicly) so those who are experienced can help.

Half ups to prep lib, half ups to extension, prep level tic tocs, extension Cradles, ground level inversions to extension.

Also, look at the Level 2 elite skills on the Varsity score sheet for more examples.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I will probably get negative ratings for this, but oh well. There's a rubric. Read it. I'm honestly over coaches coming on here, or other forums, and asking other people to do their job for them. I work very hard to make sure I am up to date with all scoring policies, rubrics and rules. I do my job so that my athletes can do theirs. Rubrics very clearly state what is needed to get into every range. I will not do someone else's job for them.

#endrant

I will probably get negative ratings for this, but oh well. There's a rubric. Read it. I'm honestly over coaches coming on here, or other forums, and asking other people to do their job for them. I work very hard to make sure I am up to date with all scoring policies, rubrics and rules. I do my job so that my athletes can do theirs. Rubrics very clearly state what is needed to get into every range. I will not do someone else's job for them.

#endrant
You were not rude speaking the truth. It's a difference between asking for clarification help and asking for help all together when the information sits right in front of your face. The scores sheets can easily be found in most cases and you can even read the USASF hand book to determine what's legal and what's not.
If you're a coach find the information your self. If you still need help and clarification THEN ASK

#endrant
And then when you do all the above and get scored below range...and aren't allowed to challenge. GRRRR!

And then when you do all the above and get scored below range...and aren't allowed to challenge. GRRRR!
Why can't you challenge your range? If you are scored in a range you shouldn't be...I thought that could be challenged. I know we have challenged that before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why can't you challenge your range? If you are scored in a range you shouldn't be...I thought that could be challenged. I know we have challenged that before.

We have had it happen before and not been allowed to challenge. We didn't return to that competition.

Difficulty ranges are allowed to be challenged. However, once you are in range, it's judges decision where you fall.

Difficulty ranges are allowed to be challenged. However, once you are in range, it's judges decision where you fall.
that's what I thought!
So for the people who above said they were not allowed to challenge when they were put in a range below, what would there course of action be?? I know they said they didn't return to the comp but wouldn't they have to be allowed to challenge?

that's what I thought!
So for the people who above said they were not allowed to challenge when they were put in a range below, what would there course of action be?? I know they said they didn't return to the comp but wouldn't they have to be allowed to challenge?

There are some comps that don't offer accuscore, which is where you would contest your score. The only comps I have had that happen are at one days. You would have to wait until after awards, when you get your scores to say something.

#endrant

Don't see what the big problem was in someone asking for help...could have been a better platform than this forum but I don't see any harm done. There is a big difference between a 4.1 and 4.9. And we all know from this season that just doing stunts on the rubric doesn't necessarily mean the hardest stunts that will get you that 4.9/5.

BUT I was at a competition last weekend and a team had a stunt for level 2 where a flyer would do a handstand, land in cradle, and then they hold her feet in a way where they then half up to prep heel stretch and then had a tic toc to other leg heel stretch. Kind of hard to explain but hopefully you get what I'm talking about. Not sure what stunts you are currently doing and if this would be harder than what you do, just thought it was something cool I saw.

Back