Level 2 Standing Tumbling Pass

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 28, 2010
Ok I was wondering if this pass would be allowed under standing tumbling.
Back walkover, back handspring step out, russian walkover (back walkover 1/2 turn forward walkover out), front handspring.
As far as I can tell it is ok but just wanted to check with the oracles before I choreograph it into the routine :D

I'll get a video of one of the seniors doing it tonight. It's a nice skill we used in our acrobatic gymnastic classes and I've been using it as a conditioning drill in cheer. It's not like an onodi as you are never in flight, with a Russian walkover you stop the back walkover in handstand then half turn and forward walkover out

I believe the only twisting allowed in level 2 is a round off so if the twist is a component of the skill I don't believe it would be legal (I have not however read the new rules - this is from my experience with level 2 last year)

Its no twisting while airborne though and in this skill there is no flight element so one hand is always in contact with the floor which is why I wanted to check.
I'll get a video of the skill and hopefully that will make it clearer.

I believe the only twisting allowed in level 2 is a round off so if the twist is a component of the skill I don't believe it would be legal (I have not however read the new rules - this is from my experience with level 2 last year)

The only airborne twisting skill allowed in L2 is a roundoff. If the skill mentioned by @kkinsley is not an airborne skill it should be legal, but I'd like to see a video to be sure.

I figured you would get on here sooner or later and clear it up. Thanks @Andre ! For clarification, airborne twisting (as it relates to tumbling) would be any twisting that occurs when the athlete's feet are not on the ground (regardless of hand placement)?

I figured you would get on here sooner or later and clear it up. Thanks @Andre ! For clarification, airborne twisting (as it relates to tumbling) would be any twisting that occurs when the athlete's feet are not on the ground (regardless of hand placement)?

That would make cartwheels illegal.

The definition from the 2010-11 glossary and online for Airborne Tumbling Skill is "An aerial maneuver involving hip-over-head rotation in which a person uses their body and the performing surface to propel himself/herself away from the performing surface."

:confused: Mind you, I am not currently a coach, but how would that make a cartwheel illegal? Isn't the twisting involved in a cartwheel performed with at least one foot on the ground?

Sorry guys, forgot to video it yesterday but I'll get it on Saturday so it can be clarified.

Back