Level 2 Stunt Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 25, 2010
Andre Not shown in the video but we have the backspot tap one of the flyers foot on the ground before the flyer hands hit the ground. Also the backspot stays connected the entire time. Is that enough to make the stunt legal for Level 2?

But I guess you've said that you addressed those two issues, the foot would need to be on the ground before she becomes inverted, and I don't see the backspot staying connected

Two iffy things I see

Possibly a Downward inversion

And a release move

We make sure the flyers hips are over the shoulder to not make it inverted. We also found a way for the backspot to stay connected throughout the entire flip.

But I guess you've said that you addressed those two issues, the foot would need to be on the ground before she becomes inverted, and I don't see the backspot staying connected

I'll get another video at their next practice to show the changes. Since those two changes were made the stunt will be legal for level 2 correct?

I'll get another video at their next practice to show the changes. Since those two changes were made the stunt will be legal for level 2 correct?

I have no official rules standing but those were the only problems I saw. But you'll probably have to defend it at every competition unless that connection is clearly visible from the front

Andre Not shown in the video but we have the backspot tap one of the flyers foot on the ground before the flyer hands hit the ground. Also the backspot stays connected the entire time. Is that enough to make the stunt legal for Level 2?

This is ILLEGAL for L2. There are 2 downward inversions (Stunts L1, first going to the push up position, second is the double bounce in the push up position) which are only allowed in L3+ and the release from the push up position to load is only allowed in L4+ (Stunts K1).

This is ILLEGAL for L2. There are 2 downward inversions (Stunts L1, first going to the push up position, second is the double bounce in the push up position) which are only allowed in L3+ and the release from the push up position to load is only allowed in L4+ (Stunts K1).

Is there a way to possibly make it legal for level 2?

The only legal inversion I've seen at level 2 is when the flyer has her hands on the ground and then is picked up to a shoulder level stunt. I've never seen a flip transition made legal for level 2 so I'm curious to know if that is possible. I have major doubts on it.

If we have the backspot tap the flyers foot on the ground before the handstand. Also have the flyer non inverted, take out the double bounce and have the backspot maintain contact throughout the flip. Will that be enough to make it legal for level 2?

Is there a way to possibly make it legal for level 2?

Take out the downward inversion (possibly have her turn while she's still on the ground after the bhs then fall to the push up while still on the ground) then have a base maintain contact and make sure that the flyer becomes inverted before her hands leave the ground. Then it could be legal.

We have a very similar stunt to this in our youth 2 routine. The flip from the ground to the top was perfection but we were told we have to change it because of one of the above mentioned reasons. So we do the same thing but differently and now its not as cool at all :0 lol

Good luck with that

Back