All-Star Level 2 Teams Not Being Co-ed

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I see and appreciate all above sides, but this particular team is a Senior team, and then to watch that SAME exact team compete and hour later as Senior 3 Co-Ed, does get frustrating.
Did this happen in AC?

umm unless you're in another country, they aren't men, they're boys who are under 18. and most (but certainly not all) junior and below boys haven't hit puberty yet. senior boys could be an advantage but in junior and youth I wouldn't worry about it making a huge difference.
I was on a jr coed team last yr, one was or was almost 15 so I deff think it could make a difference, some 15 yr old boys look like grown men these days, but i never seen a beefy, husky youth age boy, so I see your point for that, but junior it deff can make a difference. At least I thought so with my team last yr.

Did this happen in AC?
Yes, I believe it did. Our team was against them as well. We do have one boy, but he is a new cheerleader and still learning, so I don't believe it gives us anymore of an advantage. However, that specific team you are talking about used to have a j1 and have the exact same team compete for senior 2. It was always very frustrating.

A better question is "are there enough senior 2 teams to warrant further splitting the divisions?". My guess is that usually there is not. We have something along the lines of 32 divisions before you even start splitting them along team size lines. There could be upwards of 70 divisions at some events. At some point, teams will have to compete against teams that are not exactly the same as them, unless we all just want to go to cheer "recitals" instead of competitions.

Am I the only one who thinks that having 4 MEN on a LEVEL 2 team is just unfair!! I'm not a sore sport by any means, and I can see one or 2 males at level 2 and under not being considered c0-ed. BUT 4???? I have watched this same team win over and over against much better teams that just can not get their tumbling, basket and stunt scores as high. Not with a man in every single stunt. And then to see that EXACT same team go for Senior Level 3 Co-Ed!?? Its just so frustrating. The judges can only do their job legally and they do, but why does the USASF care more about glitter make up and how much your belly shows, than this issue?!! If anyone can explain to me, I really appreciate it.

I cannot agree with you more. For the past 3 seasons we go against level 2 coed teams and they do look extremely different. The stunting especially is the added bonus for coed teams. I'm waiting to put in a request for Usasf to make level 2 coed

A better question is "are there enough senior 2 teams to warrant further splitting the divisions?". My guess is that usually there is not. We have something along the lines of 32 divisions before you even start splitting them along team size lines. There could be upwards of 70 divisions at some events. At some point, teams will have to compete against teams that are not exactly the same as them, unless we all just want to go to cheer "recitals" instead of competitions.

I don't agree with this at all. Been to several events this year and all level 2 divisions have been 8 or more. These are just regional events as well.

I can understand the idea of not splitting Junior and below into coed and all girl. But Senior...absolutely should. You're talking essentially about 18 year old MEN at this point. I love my all girl, but there's not many 18 year old girls with the same strength and their male counter parts.

Yes, I believe it did. Our team was against them as well. We do have one boy, but he is a new cheerleader and still learning, so I don't believe it gives us anymore of an advantage. However, that specific team you are talking about used to have a j1 and have the exact same team compete for senior 2. It was always very frustrating.
Yes sir thats it.... by the way your team was amazing. I will accept a loss to them gracefully any day :rolleyes: ok well maybe not ALL the time. LOL

Yes sir thats it.... by the way your team was amazing. I will accept a loss to them gracefully any day :rolleyes: ok well maybe not ALL the time. LOL

AW thank you. They had a rough weekend....maybe it was the 5:45am meetup time! Your girls were great as well! Was hoping for them to pull out the win!

I was on a jr coed team last yr, one was or was almost 15 so I deff think it could make a difference, some 15 yr old boys look like grown men these days, but i never seen a beefy, husky youth age boy, so I see your point for that, but junior it deff can make a difference. At least I thought so with my team last yr.

oh you're completely right. but i'd say the majority of boys in that age range don't look the same as college-aged athletes.

I still stand by my original post though... that one "beefy" 15 year old isn't going to win a championship by himself. he may help keep one stunt in the air or have an awesome last past, but that doesn't win titles. working as a team does.

and I'd like to point you in the direction of Brandon Senior Black. for the last 2 years (maybe longer) their center group has been all girl. and their stunt is more solid and usually better executed than the other 4 groups doing the same stunts with a boy under them. not that the boys aren't great, but they aren't making/breaking that team in terms of stunts.

I'm also for having the least amount of division splits. i'd rather compete against a lot of teams than always be alone in Senior Coed 2. but that's just me.

How do we do that? I am definitely on board for that one!!
AW thank you. They had a rough weekend....maybe it was the 5:45am meetup time! Your girls were great as well! Was hoping for them to pull out the win!
Thank you so much, that means a lot coming from you :cheering: I have a lot of respect for the program you have built and the years you have in the all-star community. You guys are ALWAYS tough! We still have a ways to go, and I am not blaming our placement in the competition completely on that situation with with Co-ed (lol) team. We can get our scores maxed with better tumbling and stronger stunts. Ahhhh the cheer life LOL!! See you soon. P.S your girls ALWAYS LOOK GORGEOUS!!!

oh you're completely right. but i'd say the majority of boys in that age range don't look the same as college-aged athletes.

I still stand by my original post though... that one "beefy" 15 year old isn't going to win a championship by himself. he may help keep one stunt in the air or have an awesome last past, but that doesn't win titles. working as a team does.

and I'd like to point you in the direction of Brandon Senior Black. for the last 2 years (maybe longer) their center group has been all girl. and their stunt is more solid and usually better executed than the other 4 groups doing the same stunts with a boy under them. not that the boys aren't great, but they aren't making/breaking that team in terms of stunts.

I'm also for having the least amount of division splits. i'd rather compete against a lot of teams than always be alone in Senior Coed 2. but that's just me.
That makes sense, I guess this one team is just a thorn in my side. LOL.. Back to the mats to max out right?!! :rolleyes:

Back