Level 3/4 Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 3, 2012
If you only have 3 athletes in a group For a 360 to double base or a 1 1/2 to double base can one of the athletes (both start as bases) just catch the ankle or back of the leg then slide down to ankle as it hits to act as the backspot? Then can you full or double down from that as long as that base has a hand on the ankle? In the past I've had people tell me that the backspot needs both hands on flyers ankles but I saw a team hit it this way and would love to know if we would get docked any marks for it.

Thanks!

If you only have 3 athletes in a group For a 360 to double base or a 1 1/2 to double base can one of the athletes (both start as bases) just catch the ankle or back of the leg then slide down to ankle as it hits to act as the backspot? Then can you full or double down from that as long as that base has a hand on the ankle? In the past I've had people tell me that the backspot needs both hands on flyers ankles but I saw a team hit it this way and would love to know if we would get docked any marks for it.

Thanks!

The spot doesn't have to touch the stunt so the 1 hand v. 2 hands on the ankle/leg doesn't really matter. The spot would need to assist on the cradle.

Back