Level 3 Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 23, 2010
Does this rule:
No stunt, pyramid, or individual may move over or under another separate stunt, pyramid or individual.
Example: A shoulder sit walking under prep is illegal.
Exception: An individual may jump over another individual.

make this illegal?

I can make a case for either so I would send it to Les.

Thanks, I'll do that.

I would call it illegal as a stunt moving over a separate person.

I also sent a link to 2 people to get their opinion. I'll let you know if I hear from them.

Does this rule:
No stunt, pyramid, or individual may move over or under another separate stunt, pyramid or individual.
Example: A shoulder sit walking under prep is illegal.
Exception: An individual may jump over another individual.

make this illegal?

Les said Legal (but the vote was 2-2).

Les said Legal (but the vote was 2-2).
to make it definitively legal- Have one of the Prep level girls "assist" the flipping girl over. then there is no doubt that they are part of the same pyramid.

But if you define a pyramid as stunts coming together in close proximity to make the sum greater than the parts it is legal as is.
If you define a pyramid as connected stunts then it would be illegal.

The definition of pyramid is where I believe the split in opinions happens

to make it definitively legal- Have one of the Prep level girls "assist" the flipping girl over. then there is no doubt that they are part of the same pyramid.

But if you define a pyramid as stunts coming together in close proximity to make the sum greater than the parts it is legal as is.
If you define a pyramid as connected stunts then it would be illegal.

The definition of pyramid is where I believe the split in opinions happens

So far the definitions of Pyramid, Over, and Under have come into question during the conversation and the last message was "UUUGGGHHH!!! I see what you mean. Let me think about it. " from Les.

So far the definitions of Pyramid, Over, and Under have come into question during the conversation and the last message was "UUUGGGHHH!!! I see what you mean. Let me think about it. " from Les.
I didn't even think about whether going over just their leg is "going over" another person or if it has to be over their torso or head

This is the reply I got from Les:

This is legal because you are only passing over the leg and not the torso.

This is the reply I got from Les:

This is legal because you are only passing over the leg and not the torso.

That was in the middle of our conversation, but a few things pointed out later in the conversation may change that answer.

I didn't even think about whether going over just their leg is "going over" another person or if it has to be over their torso or head

And is it different in a stunt and pyramid? In the video when the top girl went over the leg she had the same pyramid to the right, left, and under her. Any reasonable person would say she went over the pyramid.

If the top person just went over a leg that was sticking out that wasn't connected to another stunt/person there's a better case for the top person not really passing over someone because they didn't go over a torso.

And is it different in a stunt and pyramid? In the video when the top girl went over the leg she had the same pyramid to the right, left, and under her. Any reasonable person would say she went over the pyramid.

If the top person just went over a leg that was sticking out that wasn't connected to another stunt/person there's a better case for the top person not really passing over someone because they didn't go over a torso.

I think that once you define pyramid, it will fix the problem because if she is part of the pyramid then she isn't going over a separate pyramid. It will leave you as either having the under person and the over person touching the same pyramid. Or as long as you have the correct number of bracers and go with the sum vs parts definition anyone in the pyramid can go over/under anyone else in the pyramid

I know last year (yes I'm aware rules changed, but just go with it) it was legal as long as the preps "assisted" the flyer going over. I don't remember if this particular wording changed from last year to this year though.

That was in the middle of our conversation, but a few things pointed out later in the conversation may change that answer.
anyone know if a final decision has been made on this skill?

Back