Level 3 Question?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 29, 2015
Is it legal to do the basket load in bit at 55 seconds in level 3. (basically where she dose a half turn on the basket then puts her foot out and then loads back in for a basket)

Thanks

Our junior 3 competed the same skill for most of the season, it was really cute and visual!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my interpretation of the rules and the definition of basket and toss (but I could be wrong) -

Someone does have to remain contact the entire time otherwise it becomes a toss skill which would be considered a basket toss based on the grip, which needs to land in a cradle. If a backspot or 4th person maintains contact with the top girl during the half turn, it is no longer a released/toss move and is considered a stunt. This can be performed in level 2 since it is only a 180 degree hip rotation.

That makes sense could the back just hold on to the ankle or should it be hand to hand?

I'm pretty sure that as long as the base is maintaining contact somewhere (doesn't matter if it's ankles or wrist) it counts. The team I saw did it by holding on to the ankles. I think Blink changed it to save counts if I remember correctly from their TV show.

Back