Level 3 Release Moves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 8, 2011
With a level 3 ball up is it counted as illegal if the flyer passes through the extended position even if the bases arms don't ever go past prep level?
So the flyer starts in a sponge, the bases throw her up and then catch again in the same sponge position.
Does the flyer have to stay within the bounds of a prep level stunt for it to remain legal or is there no issue with how high above the head the flyer ends?

Yes, there is a restriction - the flyer cannot go higher than extended arm level.

Release moves are allowed but must not pass above extended arm level.
Clarification: If the release move passes above extended arm level, it will be considered a toss, and must follow the appropriate “Toss” rules. To determine the height of a release move, at the highest point of the release, the distance from the hips to the extended arms of the bases will be used to determine the height of the release. If that distance is greater than the length of the top person’s legs, it will be considered a toss or dismount and must follow the appropriate “Toss” or “Dismount” rules.

The hips of the flyer can't go higher than if the flyer was standing in an extension. You can use that as a guideline. So the flyer can ball and her feet can be 2 feet higher than extended arm level while in a ball with her hips at the normal extension height.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I don't coach 3, only 2 so I'm not familiar with the rules, but in 3 can they do an actual ball up to lib or even extension if they are connected in the pyramid?

I don't coach 3, only 2 so I'm not familiar with the rules, but in 3 can they do an actual ball up to lib or even extension if they are connected in the pyramid?
Yes, but it must be braced on both sides.

Are you allowed to do a back tuck in a pyramid at level 3? My coach put it in our routine and I didn't know if it was legal or not.
They have to be braced by a base on the ground

back walkover out of cradle... legal and would this add anything scoresheet wise? I have dead spot after a full down before a 1/2 up lib that is driving me NUTS.

back walkover out of cradle... legal and would this add anything scoresheet wise? I have dead spot after a full down before a 1/2 up lib that is driving me NUTS.
Legal at level 3.

Whether it adds depends on the scoresheet.

It's a level 3 inversion, so should help on most schoresheets...at worst, should be better than just setting the flyers feet down... but must be assisted to the floor by 3 bases, 2 at the head & shoulders.

It's a level 3 inversion, so should help on most schoresheets...at worst, should be better than just setting the flyers feet down... but must be assisted to the floor by 3 bases, 2 at the head & shoulders.

L3 doesn't say that.

Back