Level 4 Dismount

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 5, 2012
K so I know you can pop cradle to your stomach from an extended position in level 4, but can the flyer do a ball before they catch her in a prone position???

Not a judge, but I would venture a guess that yes, it is legal, because in Level 3 Dismounts, there is this rule: "Any dismount from prep level and above involving a skill/trick (i.e. twist, toe touch) must be caught in a cradle." So a ball to prone position would not be legal in Level 3 but since that line is not included in the Dismount section of the Level 4 rules, it would be legal in Level 4.

Andre, am I right, or full of bologna?

K so I know you can pop cradle to your stomach from an extended position in level 4, but can the flyer do a ball before they catch her in a prone position???

In L4 you can release from the top and land on your stomach, but cannot exceed extended are level on the release. There isn't a restriction on the number of tricks you can do unless you land extended.

Not a judge, but I would venture a guess that yes, it is legal, because in Level 3 Dismounts, there is this rule: "Any dismount from prep level and above involving a skill/trick (i.e. twist, toe touch) must be caught in a cradle." So a ball to prone position would not be legal in Level 3 but since that line is not included in the Dismount section of the Level 4 rules, it would be legal in Level 4.

Andre, am I right, or full of bologna?

You would need to look at Stunt release move rules, not dismount rules. The problem with L3 is it says release moves must start below prep level.

Back