Level 4

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 25, 2010
So, I have a question, and I'm pretty sure I know the answer but I just need clarification.

If the flyer is in a handstand on the ground, can that be pressed up to extended level? 1 leg or 2 legs?

I just want to make sure we don't get screwed if we put it in.

Andre

So, I have a question, and I'm pretty sure I know the answer but I just need clarification.

If the flyer is in a handstand on the ground, can that be pressed up to extended level? 1 leg or 2 legs?

I just want to make sure we don't get screwed if we put it in.

Andre

I just looked at that rule on Sunday. It clearly says inversions are allowed to extended level in Level 4.

K. L4 Stunts-Inversions
1. Extended inverted stunts allowed. Also, see “Stunts” and “Pyramids.”

Now does this apply if it starts inverted and ends in a lib/not inverted? I just don't want to be stupid and get called for a legality. It's not releasing so I don't see why not. I just want to make sure there's not a little sentence somewhere that ruins my fun.

Now does this apply if it starts inverted and ends in a lib/not inverted? I just don't want to be stupid and get called for a legality. It's not releasing so I don't see why not. I just want to make sure there's not a little sentence somewhere that ruins my fun.

I read the rules backwards and forwards because I thought inverting to extended position was illegal for Level 4. I couldn't find a single line that said so. All it says is inversions to extended level are allowed. It doesn't specify to two feet or one foot...if it does I can't find it anywhere...

I read the rules backwards and forwards because I thought inverting to extended position was illegal for Level 4. I couldn't find a single line that said so. All it says is inversions to extended level are allowed. It doesn't specify to two feet or one foot...if it does I can't find it anywhere...

Sounds like great minds think alike! :) We sat at the gym looking at the rules last night searching for something to rain on our parade. Our next comp though is Indy, and I'd rather not wait until Indy to have an issue.

Sounds like great minds think alike! :) We sat at the gym looking at the rules last night searching for something to rain on our parade. Our next comp though is Indy, and I'd rather not wait until Indy to have an issue.

I hear ya!! We plan on sending in a video of what we're wanting to do. Just to be for sure. But if they say it's illegal I'm gonna be ticked because the rules do NOT imply that...

This is from level 2 "L2 Stunts-Inversions
  1. All inversions must maintain contact with the performance surface.
    Exception: Transitions from ground level inversions to non-inverted positions are allowed.
    Example: Legal: Going from a handstand on the ground to a non-inverted stunt such as a shoulder sit.
    Example: Illegal: Going from a cradle to a handstand or from a prone position to a forward roll.
    L2StuL2-Illegal1"
Which I think makes it sound like it would be legal at L2? But I know nothing really, just thought this might be relevant?

It's level 2 if you go to 2 feet, level 3 if you go to 1 ft, level 4 if you are just doing an extended handstand, level 3 if you are doing a prep level handstand

Back